LaunchBox Community Forums

New Retro Big Box 1.0.0

(3 reviews)

About This File

This is a theme meant to really lean hard on nostalgia. It's inspired by "New Retro Arcade Neon" and uses some of it's assets. As of right now, it consists of 1 view, and the goal is to add more platforms if there is demand for it. The platform images are "banner" images, so using a different view with this will look a little funky. 

For a little extra immersion, I have Andy Hofle's "Arcade Ambience" mp3 as the background music. Those mp3's can be found here.  -  http://arcade.hofle.com/

Thanks and I hope you enjoy it!

NRBB_Screen_0.png

NRBB_Screen_01.png

NRBB_Screen_1.png

NRBB_Screen_02.png

NRBB_Platform_Wheel-TEMPLATE.psd

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4
  • Unusual Gem 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Demo looks great, unfortunately I have a lot of systems you don't have the proper art/video window for, do you have a default one I can use for the platforms you haven't developed yet?

• Like 2

Its probably one of the most coziest theme. :) 

I love to see this one grow. Maybe even use different TV's for different system?  

And for some reason game/platform videos play random sometimes and sometimes not... ? dno why 

Edited by stephy

Even though I already left a review, I just wanted to let you know I appreciate all the work you must have put into this. I showed my dad and older brother this theme and they were so happy and filled with nostalgia of how gaming used to be. To capture an emotion and time in gaming history so well takes skill. I think people would love to see more systems added, I know I would, until then, take your time, no rush, because art like this cannot be pressured! hahahaha

Thanks again,

Donatello 

I can't believe i didnt try this theme out weeks or even months ago. very awesome work on the theme with the tv and console and games. would love to see more consoles and games added to it and maybe possibly a tv without the scanlines (HD TV) just as an added view. X-D

It's an amazing work! but i just added it to Launchbox, tested it and now everything i have doesn't show anymore! i don't know what the hell happened. i'll see if updating fix it.

On 5/28/2017 at 3:44 AM, kratos_spartan said:

all right forget it i fixed it, but now how do i make platform videos to show on the TV? i can hear them but not see them

change the video engine from vlc to windows media player in bigbox video options

Edited by Azgorath

23 hours ago, Azgorath said:

change the video engine from vlc to windows media player in bigbox video options

already ready do that, didn't work.

8 hours ago, kratos_spartan said:

already ready do that, didn't work.

These are my settings. Put ur videos in the LaunchBox/Videos/Platforms directory and make ur settings the same as this. If it still doesnt work then Ive got no clue why they not working because they are working for me.

My Settings.png

On 4/6/2017 at 4:33 AM, Azgorath said:

These are my settings. Put ur videos in the LaunchBox/Videos/Platforms directory and make ur settings the same as this. If it still doesnt work then Ive got no clue why they not working because they are working for me.

My Settings.png

all right! now that made it work, thanks!

This the only theme I've found that I like. My one request is could youplease make an alternative game selection screen where the game video plays inside an arcade machine and not a tv? My arcade games look weird being previewed on a tv in an arcade.

Great theme though, please continue building it :)

Skain

I'm ready to do all the platforms! in any case motivate and the tests are rather conclusive,I try to put background video and set different atmospheres

Some tests :)

see soon !!

191022060239163472.png

191022060318492564.png

191022060221433823.png

Edited by PaDeMoNiuM