LaunchBox Community Forums

ABeezy's Nintendo Game Boy Advance Carts 2.0.0

(1 review)

8 Screenshots

About This File

Hey all,

I have another set here to release. This took me far longer then I had hoped but I am happy with the result. After looking all over the internet there was no complete set for Game Boy Advance carts in a nice matching template... everything was poor quality and skewed images, etc. I took the task of making this set. I have 981 GBA games and this pack includes carts for all but two games that I simply cannot find images for anywhere. This is an NTSC only set. There are 983 files in the download (i think I had a few duplicates as I only made carts for 981 games minus the two missing for a total of 979, leaving 4 "extras" in this pack. If anyone finds those duplicates/extras let me know so I can remove them and re-upload. Also the two games I am missing artwork for are:

1. Pocket Professor: KwikNotes Volume One
  2. Crash & Spyro Superpack_ Spyro Orange_ The Cortex Conspiracy + Crash Bandicoot Purple_ Ripto_s Rampage.png

If anyone finds images for those two please contact me so I can get them added. Also, since I didn't get to verify my games against an "official" list it is possible I am missing some official NTSC games. If I am please also PM me the with what the game is and potentially a link. Looking online at various sources there are some discrepancies on a few releases and if they were NTSC or not. Anyways, enjoy everybody!

Hey everyone, its been a while, and this set has been a long time in the making with on again off again progress. here are all 988 official released NTSC Game Boy Advance front carts. These are all very high-res and I can guarantee are better then any GBA cart set out there currently!. I highly encourage downloading this set and replacing whatever you have. I have named them using the no-intro naming scheme. When dropping these in your Launchbox build there are a few carts that may not auto-load; you will have to manually update your game name in Launchbox using the alternate naming.

I have completely updated my Game Boy Advance cart pack as this is one of the first sets I did and used a vector style template instead of a photo-real one...Looking back, the quality is terrible and the size of each image is way to small. I have gone ahead and redid this set with much higher quality images and created a high resolution cart template, including more accurate colored carts (Pokemon games). This set also better eliminates light sources on the cart itself for better viewing in LB/BB. These files are much larger in both size and dimensions and provide for a better viewing experience so I suggest you download these and delete my old set (or any GBA set you have as this I can promise you this is the best out there). 

There are a very small select few carts that have very very very limited/scare images online so if anyone finds any improvements for any of my carts down the line, drop me a DM with a link and I can update. Also, If anyone notices any issues or anything let me know (Especially doing 988 carts... there is always a chance for errors even after double and tipple checking... but they SHOULD be good.) Enjoy!!!!

Feel free to also check out and download my GBA box art which can be located here.

Edited by ABeezy13

What's New in Version 2.0.0   See changelog

Released

Hey everyone, its been a while, and this set has been a long time in the making with on again off again progress. here are all 988 official released NTSC Game Boy Advance front carts. These are all very high-res and I can guarantee are better then any GBA cart set out there currently!. I highly encourage downloading this set and replacing whatever you have. I have named them using the no-intro naming scheme. When dropping these in your Launchbox build there are a few carts that may not auto-load; you will have to manually update your game name in Launchbox using the alternate naming.

I have completely updated my Game Boy Advance cart pack as this is one of the first sets I did and used a vector style template instead of a photo-real one...Looking back, the quality is terrible and the size of each image is way to small. I have gone ahead and redid this set with much higher quality images and created a high resolution cart template, including more accurate colored carts (Pokemon games). This set also better eliminates light sources on the cart itself for better viewing in LB/BB. These files are much larger in both size and dimensions and provide for a better viewing experience so I suggest you download these and delete my old set (or any GBA set you have as this I can promise you this is the best out there). 

There are a very small select few carts that have very very very limited/scare images online so if anyone finds any improvements for any of my carts down the line, drop me a DM with a link and I can update. Also, If anyone notices any issues or anything let me know (Especially doing 988 carts... there is always a chance for errors even after double and tipple checking... but they SHOULD be good.) Enjoy!!!!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 10
  • Game On 2
  • The Cake is a Lie 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

3 hours ago, zetec-s-joe said:

Whoaaaaa, How long did this take!?

Stunning work! thank you so much for posting :)

It took way longer then I had hoped lol. Many, many hours over the past month (with breaks in between to work on and do other stuff). The Covid lockdown and being home allowed for me to do this lol.

But thank you very much! There was nothing good online for GBA carts so I wanted to contribute :)

• Like 2

Damn! it's been something that has bugged me for a long time but I never would of had the will power to get through that lot! congrats on the massive task :)

2 hours ago, diskmach said:

I'm impressed by the workload you took on. ?

If I compare to the latest DB from Hyperspin forums, and look around a bit, not that I'm an expert in GBA games, for the US retail games, it looks to me that you are missing:

Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss, The (USA)  -  Dr. Seuss' - The Cat in the Hat (USA)  There are two games with about the same name, you're missing the cart for the first.

Gadget Racers (USA)

Knights' Kingdom (USA)    This is a LEGO game, not sure why it doesn't have that in the DB name.

LEGO Bionicle (USA)  -  Bionicle (USA)   There are two games with about the same name, you're missing the cart for the first.

Sega Rally Championship (USA)

Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

Also thank you for posting these missing ones. I was bound to be missing some in almost 1000 images lol! Give me a bit to get these ones created and I will post them here. If you or anyone notice any others let me know! ( I think LaunchBox combined a few games which is why I missed one; I also now have an official list to reference against too, which is helping for my next project.... that ties directly into GBA carts ;) )

• Like 1

Great work @ABeezy13! The GBA carts was a project long due, and you tackled it like a baws. Scrapping and restoring cart stickers is a frustrating pain in the neck, so kudos for this milestone ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kondorito said:

Great work @ABeezy13! The GBA carts was a project long due, and you tackled it like a baws. Scrapping and restoring cart stickers is a frustrating pain in the neck, so kudos for this milestone ?

Thank you!!!! I found nice cart sets for Gameboy and Gameboy Color online and it was bugging me there wasn't something for GBA, so I took on the feat haha. I have a nice template for DS and 3DS too; maybe someday I will be the brave soul to do those as well.

@Kondorito & @diskmach Wow guys, good finds. That's why I couldn't "find" the other Spyro/Crash. I have gone ahead and made the new one with the different code. I will update in a few.

Also nice find on the professor cart; was trying to  re-purpose it a bit as its very blurry when enlarged to fit the cart. Need to perform a little more plastic surgery on that one before posting (worst case is its a blurry cart instead of no cart!)

9 minutes ago, ABeezy13 said:

Also nice find on the professor cart; was trying to  re-purpose it a bit as its very blurry when enlarged to fit the cart. Need to perform a little more plastic surgery on that one before posting (worst case is its a blurry cart instead of no cart!)

The sticker can be frankesteined, as the only thing that you do not have a resoruce for is the Professor's face, the rest (game clear logo, background from the box and company logos) can be acquired easily in HQ.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kondorito said:

The sticker can be frankesteined, as the only thing that you do not have a resoruce for is the Professor's face, the rest (game clear logo, background from the box and company logos) can be acquired easily in HQ.

That is the plan :P Just need to do that, and then I can upload them

6 minutes ago, ABeezy13 said:

That is the plan :P Just need to do that, and then I can upload them

If you need any help crafting it, let me know.

Pack has been updated with the missing Pocket Professor and Crash/Spyro cart. If any other missing carts are spotted let me know!

• Like 1

So I found out I am actually missing the following:

• 4 Games on One Game Pak (Nickelodeon Movies) (USA)

I am not sure this is even named correctly... I can't find any carts for this game boxes nothing... its almost as it doesnt exist. 

I am also working on adding a cart that I realized was missing (I have the art for this):

• Strawberry Shortcake: Summertime Adventure Special Edition

So if anyone can shed any light on the Nickelodeon one that'd be awesome.

• Like 1

@diskmach Awesome thanks!! Not sure how I wasn't familiar with that site but wow, I dig it. Random question for you or anyone paying attention to this tread. Launchbox doesn't seem to find this game in the database either when searching/editing the metadata. It locates the other 4 in 1 Nicktoons game but not the Nikelodeon movies (this one). Curious if anyone has ID # for this game in LB?

What a fantastic collection.
My only comment would be that the Golden Sun and Golden Sun Lost age stickers are the wrong colours. 
Golden Sun is more green like this spacer.pngand Golden Sun Lost Age is more blue like this.spacer.png
Any chance of an update please?

On 8/6/2023 at 9:32 AM, Vivimagic0 said:

What a fantastic collection.
My only comment would be that the Golden Sun and Golden Sun Lost age stickers are the wrong colours. 

Any chance of an update please?

Thank you! This who set is getting updated and is currently a slow project that is in process. When I made this set I did not use a photo-real template and the quality is a bit stinky. I have a much improved version in the works, so those will both be corrected!

• Thanks 1