LaunchBox Community Forums

Vectrex 2D Front Cover Box Art - By Simon Quincey - 1.3

(1 review)

10 Screenshots

About This File

Vectrex 2D Front Cover Box Art - By Simon Quincey - hitt.man@ntlworld.com

So i added all my Vectrex roms (113 at the time) to Launchbox, i let it do its "thing" and
the artwork it downloaded was horrendous. Different sizes, wildly different qualities, some
real, some custom and a whole load missing. Like 70% missing!

Every rom needs an image, they should all be the same size and style too. I know, i'll make
my own set using anything i can find online. 113 roms, how long can it take? If theres no
artwork online i'll just use a screenshot from emulation.

Every search for more images, lead me to more websites, more information and more roms. I
joined a very cool Facebook group on 28th April, to learn more and find more artwork and
there were plenty of helpful people there. There were also more roms...

From the "Vectrex Fans Unite" Facebook group i would like to thank everyone for the
encouragement and support. And particular thanks to these guys who provided much needed
original artwork to complete this cover set.

Graham Toal
Chris Malcolm
Jacek Selanski
David Flemming
Tony Holcomb
Alan McClelland
Manu Parssinen
Steven Salter
John Blythe

If you helped me out and i missed your name here, sorry, but i do thank you.

Also, from the Launchbox thread i started and did my daily progress updates to, i would
like to thank...

Lukeyboy67
Starbuck
Dragon57

...for the ongoing support.

I started at 113 roms but ended up with 260! Seemed never ending but i've finally done it.
So here in this pack are 260 unified images, all following the same design template, same
resolution (1024x800) and (as much as possible) the same quality level.

I have done the best i can with the online artwork i could find. I've used original box
scans where possible, i've used other peoples custom box artwork at times, i've upscaled
some, cleaned others, totally dumped and rebuilt others. I've used various emulators to
capture screenshots and built totally new logos for some. Its been a lot of work and after
about 6-7 weeks or so, i'm done... for now...

Although this set of images was selfishly only going to be for myself to begin with, after
sharing what i was doing it seemed there were others who were interested in using these. I
was asked if i would share them, so thats what i'm doing. Of course, they are free to use,
i don't own any of this.

This set should now be uploaded to the Launchbox website/forum as a pack/zip and to my own
GoogleDrive too. My GoogleDrive will also hold these as individual files and i'll have an
area for new and updated files.

The link to my GoogleDrive will be shared to both the Launchbox forum and Facebook group.

Updates to this pack, error fixes, new covers, cover requests etc. may only be uploaded to
my GoogleDrive. So if you have read all this waffle and you are using these images, please
check there for new files.

I will take requests for covers, if i've missed a rom and you still have artwork gaps after
adding this set, just ask. I will fix any errors you spot too. All i ask is you request by
email (top and bottom of this text), and if its for a rom i don't have, you send me that
rom. I will update covers too if you have improved artwork, you just need to send me it.

Comments, roms, requests, fixes, artwork etc. to...

hitt.man@ntlworld.com

Have fun.
 Simon Quincey.

v1.0 - Initial release, 260 images

v1.1 - 15 new images + 6 updated - total 275

New - 3D Demo
New - 3D Vector Space Cab
New - All Your Base
New - Berzerk Ultimate
New - City Bomber
New - Doodle
New - Monster House
New - Philly Classic 3
New - Quick Shot
New - SD - Untitled
New - Sinz Demo
New - This Is Just A Non Playable Demo
New - V-Theremin
New - Very Vectight
New - YMusic #1
Update - Alley Anxiety - Font size fix
Update - Berzerk Bugfixed - Better logo, matching Berzerk Ultimate
Update - Frogs N Flies - Clearer screenshot
Update - KnightEx - Logo created from higher resolution source and made slightly larger
Update - Oregon Trail - New logo
Update - Vaboom + Vectrace - New logo

v1.2 - 3 new images + 3 updated - total 278

New - Blitz Action Football - US version of Blitz American Football (alt cover)
New - Soccer Football - US version of Heads Up Action Soccer (alt cover)
New - Web Wars - US version of Web Warp (alt cover)
Update - Blitz American Soccer - File renamed (to Football, added UK), subtitle updated
Update - Heads Up Action Soccer - File renamed (added UK)
Update - Web Warp - File renamed (added UK), top logo adjusted, bottom logo replaced

v1.3 - 2 new images + 7 updated - total 280

New - Xandoz
New - The J-Game
Update - Stevedore - Added subtitle
Update - Birds Of Prey - New logo
Update - Hexed - New logo
Update - Omega Chase - New logo
Update - Top Gun - New logo
Update - Vec-Fu - New logo
Update - Vector 21 - New logo

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 9
  • Game On 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

dragon57

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Wow, I am absolutely floored at your effort and resultant quality of this pack. You have done a great service to the community. Can't thank you enough.

• Like 2
Link to review