LaunchBox Community Forums

Duplicate Image Deleter 1.0.6

(0 reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

A tool that will assist you in finding duplicate images in a folder and delete/move one based on options you select.  The app will recursively drill to every folder and perform the deletion or move them based on your selections.

Step 1 - select an image directory
Step 2 - choose your search options

• Files with same name but different extension - This will return any files that have the EXACT same name except for the extension.  
    • You choose the extension you would like to keep or choose to keep higher resolution images.
  • Files with same hash - This will return duplicate images no matter what the name.  The tool will choose the image with the earliest creation date/alpha name as the original.
    • Require Like File Names - This builds on the hash option.  This will ensure that the duplicate images have a "Like File Name" that follows Launchbox's conventions. (i.e. Game-01, Game-02)
  • Step 3 - choose your cleanup options.  
    • Preview will simply show you the changes that would be made.  
    • Delete will actually delete the duplicate images
    • Move will move the images to the folder you choose.

Step 4 - click Go!
Use at your own risk obviously, make a backup or use "Test Mode" first just in case.

Source code here:  https://github.com/mtyrealhanla/DupImageDeleter

What's New in Version 1.0.6   See changelog

Released

1.  Re-arranged the UI to make a bit more sense.
2.  Added "Prefer Highest Resolution" option when searching based on name

DupImageDeleter.exe

• Like 6

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

My tool became a bit obsolete with the new version of launchbox having a built in feature that removes duplicate images.  If there is still a need, i may be able to one day, but i am afraid im low on time right now.

It does look like there is still an issue with lb importing duplicate files (same name, different formats) that the built in cleaner doesnt get.  I may try to get around to implementing the resolution preference here soon.

i think i really need this tool to delete like file name with same hash. but you said LB can already do this without the plugin? how do you do that without this tool? i don't see any options in LB that will do it.

Edit: Sadly this won't help me because my duplicates are not the same size and sometimes even the same extension. Only way for me to know if it needs to be deleted is to look at the images.

Edited by ckp

7 hours ago, ckp said:

i think i really need this tool to delete like file name with same hash. but you said LB can already do this without the plugin? how do you do that without this tool? i don't see any options in LB that will do it.

Edit: Sadly this won't help me because my duplicates are not the same size and sometimes even the same extension. Only way for me to know if it needs to be deleted is to look at the images.

Yeah, its kind of an imperfect science unfortunately.  And in my earlier post I think i was assuming LB's "Cleanup images" option under tools would do the same thing.  I think its close, but not quite.  I think it only looks for dups within each game, not across games or platforms.