LaunchBox Community Forums

ABeezy's Nintendo Game Boy Advance Box Fronts 1.2.0

(3 reviews)

8 Screenshots

About This File

Back with yet another nice set.

The current Game Boy Advance sets that I see out there are all compiled from different resources that have different coloring for the GBA side label, and include different sizes and varying qualities. This set eliminates all of that. I have mad a full NTSC accurate and uniform high res GBA front box art set. Included are all 986 NTSC box fronts. A count of USA 948 + Game bundles 38 = 986 boxes. I have named them using the no-intro naming scheme. When dropping these in your Launchbox build. There are a few boxes that may not auto-load; you will have to manually update your game name in Launchbox using the new alternate naming.

I also want to note there is a possiblity of two more boxes getting added in a revision, they are the the following:

• 4 Games on One Game Pak (Nickelodeon Movies) (USA)
  • 4 Games on One Game Pak (Nicktoons) (USA)

Just waiting on official confirmation these were licensed and released in the USA. Version 1.1 will be posted if that is the case.

Enjoy!

What's New in Version 1.2.0   See changelog

Released

Added the last missing box art thanks to user RetroNi from Emumovies:

• 4 Games on One Game Pak (Nickelodeon Movies) (USA)

Thank completes this set with 988/988 NTSC Nintendo Game Boy Advance games.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5
  • Game On 3
  • Unusual Gem 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

13 hours ago, Jsusjassnsjs said:

Amazingggggggg work my friend this is excellent 

Thank you! Just wait to version 2.0 in the future ;) Oops thought this was something else of mine, ignore the striked out comment lol.

Edited by ABeezy13

46 minutes ago, Pixelpiper said:

Are you planning to cross the pond to tackle the European boxes for these collections? ???

Highly unlikely at this point. I have multiple other sets in the works right now when time permits, and high quality EU sources are much harder to find. (Maybe someday though, so I'll never say never.)

ABEEZY13

These carts are beautiful. I cannot express that enough. I am very thankful for you taking time to make these. Simply amazing work my friend cheers.

• Thanks 1

So at any point, do all of these hi-res sets get added to the LB games DB image pages so that they can become the default downloaded images?

20 hours ago, djweevil666 said:

ABEEZY13

These carts are beautiful. I cannot express that enough. I am very thankful for you taking time to make these. Simply amazing work my friend cheers.

Welcome, clad you enjoy them, I assume you mean *box fronts though as these are not my cart sets :P None the less thanks again!

41 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

So at any point, do all of these hi-res sets get added to the LB games DB image pages so that they can become the default downloaded images?

I have multiple high-res sets of art, a lot of them on larger systems with 1000+ or if not, close to images, The database (in my opinion) is littered with trash, I stay away from it and recommend everyone manually download their desired image files and places them into the appropriate image folders within Launchbox.

Sadly it has to be done on a per-game basis and even then the lesser quality from my experience will still also be there. The database is not all that well maintained and hard to satisfy everyone.

This is every licensed NTSC game boy advance game though (except 1 that I have not found a proper image for) so for anyone interested in these its best to remove all the images out of your GBA box front folder and paste these in, then do a CTRL+A in Launchbox on GBA and refresh right click refresh all (or press F5)

These are fantastic! many thanks! so much better than what I was seeing elsewhere.

Sadly, some of the filenames no longer match the current No Intro sets from what I can tell. For example, Denki Blocks! (USA) (En,Es).gba doesn't match your filename Denki Blocks! (USA).png . Is there an update planned?

or does anyone know a way to fix this?

50 minutes ago, Piregg said:

These are fantastic! many thanks! so much better than what I was seeing elsewhere.

Sadly, some of the filenames no longer match the current No Intro sets from what I can tell. For example, Denki Blocks! (USA) (En,Es).gba doesn't match your filename Denki Blocks! (USA).png . Is there an update planned?

or does anyone know a way to fix this?

Should still pick up correctly if using the image pack importer within LaunchBox

7 hours ago, damageinc86 said:

Could you please share your template for this? the others out there don't match yours, and it would be so much easier to just have a template rather then trying to cut out the left side and then replicate the drop shadow effect.

Um no. You’ve got some nerve asking for that after the crap you pulled. Go to your own uploads and check comments. After that nonsense I won’t be sharing a thing with you, you thief. I highly suggest you stop and remove the garbage you’ve already shared. 

13 hours ago, damageinc86 said:

Are you ok with me sharing thecoverproject template but with your "only for" purple triangle on top? 

No. I do not want you publicly sharing or releasing anything that I have created and uploaded. Personal use is one thing, sharing something another person created without their consent is not cool, and since you've already done that I have no interest in you sharing anything of mine now or ever. That goes for Launchbox forums, Emumovies, Hyperspin, and anywhere else. 

Edited by ABeezy13

12 hours ago, ABeezy13 said:

No. I do not want you publicly sharing or releasing anything that I have created and uploaded. Personal use is one thing, sharing something another person created without their consent is not cool, and since you've already done that I have no interest in you sharing anything of mine now or ever. That goes for Launchbox forums, Emumovies, Hyperspin, and anywhere else. 

Ok, I was told to make sure to at least ask moving forward.  Got the answer!