About This File
What's New in Version 4.0.0-plugin See changelog
Now works with the ThirdParty folder. Also added a way to convert the BatRunner roms to launch straight from Launchbox instead of running through the batrunner and bat files. This feature is new.
Big changes in this one. Some may like it, some may hate it. I now rewrite your ini file to help you out and maintain portability.
- New game menu item to Configure ScummVM. ScummVM will open with that game selected. No need to scroll through a big list to find/guess the specific game to configure.
- When using my menu items to configure scummvm, I will automatically rewrite absolute paths as relative paths to your ini file.
- I also gave you the Configure ScummVM from the Tools drop down.
- During generation of the *.bat launchers I will check that you have the emulator set up, if not I will fix it for you.
- Can't change ScummVM path or launcher path now. Just go with it, life will be better.
- Simple and Advanced modes.
- Advanced mode is what your used to.
- Simple mode is one click setup, creates full list of launchers, and emulator creation. It will ask if you want to filter the non english languages.
It should be easy if it works the way I intend.
- click on the Tools->ScummVM Import Tool (simple)
- click on the Tools->Import->Rom Files to import the bat files as ScummVM games.
One more portability update.
- menu buttons to rewrite .ini file with paths relative to launchbox.
- added quotes around paths to handle spaces more gracefully in launchers.
This portability update is the best. By rewriting the ini to be relative launchbox means even more portability. Loops through every value in ini, if detected as an a valid absolute path it converts it to be relative to the launchbox path. While using this its best to pick the epicfail_savegames folder for saves and the epicfail_extra for extra. If you want to pick a different location that should be just fine, be sure convert again if you added an absolute path to the init and be sure to uncheck "use local save game folder" and uncheck "use local extra folder" before making .bat launchers launchers.
Also by the way the .bat launcher won't run on their own by double clicking them, unless you run them from the launchbox folder.
More portability stuff.
- launcher .bat now support a local save game folder
- launcher .bat now support a local extra folder
- import save folder to local tool
- import extra folder to local tool
- Bugfix - Found a bug where the launchers were getting the same named the same. This is fixed. All launcher viewable in the list will get created now. You will notice a hash code added to the end of the description field in the list display when this is detected.
- Added version # to the top of the gui.
Bug fix - found some cases where creating launchers was crashing on certain strings, all cleaned up now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Updated the DLL because I Just decided to make everything relative path based, so now the collection should travel well.
Guess what everyone, now it runs as a plugin, with some improvements. I hope everyone agrees. Give me your feedback, I'm sure I'm missing some stuff. Its easier to use now.
Drop the .dll file in to the launchbox Plugins Directory. Then restart launchbox.
Tools -> EpicFail's ScummVM Import Tool
I hope you can figure it out from there. I will try to leave the old version from the videos on here, but the dll is the newest most up to date, better version .
Made some fixes to the experimental->retroarch features. No longer moves your folder or renames them, it just adds the *.epicfail file to each game folder from the ini. Scan the *.epicfail files as your roms and launch with the scummvm-libretro core.
Please give me some feedback on this. I believe its working now.
Removing the following characters from file names due to being reserved character in Windows.
The following reserved characters: < (less than) > (greater than) : (colon) " (double quote) / (forward slash) \ (backslash) | (vertical bar or pipe) ? (question mark) * (asterisk)
Fixes the issue with when there are spaces in you path to the scummvm.exe. If you have space delete your launchers and regenerate with the new version.
NOW GENERATE LAUNCHERS FOR THE FULL LIST!
- Tools->Generate Launchers (full list)
ALSO FEATURES RETROARCH OPTION!
- Expiremental->Prepare Collection for RetroArch (full list)
New with the RetroArch option. This update gives you the experimental option to organize your collection so it can be launched with the retroarch scummvm_libretro.dll core.
IMPORTANT NOTE: "Experimental->Prepare Collection for RetroArch" will change the folder names in your collection, backup you collection prior.
HOW TO USE:
- Start fresh with a version matching your retroarch core, run Scummvm and do your mass update as usual. Then close ScummVM when done.
- Next open the ScummVMLauncher.exe, filter it the way you like.
When satisfied with your list, Click "Expiremental->Prepare Collection for RetroArch"
- This will rename your game folders so retroarch can launch them.
- This also adds are *.epicfail inside of each game directory, these are named to match emumovies if possible otherwise its the games full name.
- Treat the *.epicfail as your rom and sort on the *.epicfail files when adding roms
- Make RetroArch your default emulator for ScummVM.
Set this up using the
-L "cores\scummvm_libretro.dll"like you would setup any other core
- Also make sure you download the core in retroarch.
Adding the Games:
- Tools->Import->Roms Files
- Add Files
- Navigate to your ScummVM game folder and Search for *.epicfail.
- Select all *.epicfail and click open.
- Finish wizard as usual.