LaunchBox Community Forums

EpicFail ScummVM Launcher NEW 4.0.0-plugin

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Version 4.0.0

Now works with the ThirdParty folder.  Also added a way to convert the BatRunner roms to launch straight from Launchbox instead of running through the batrunner and bat files.  This feature is new.  

Version 3.4.0

Big changes in this one.  Some may like it, some may hate it.  I now rewrite your ini file to help you out and maintain portability. 

• New game menu item to Configure ScummVM.  ScummVM will open with that game selected.  No need to scroll through a big list to find/guess the specific game to configure.
  • When using my menu items to configure scummvm, I will automatically rewrite absolute paths as relative paths to your ini file.
  • I also gave you the Configure ScummVM from the Tools drop down.
  • During generation of the *.bat launchers I will check that you have the emulator set up, if not I will fix it for you.
  • Can't change ScummVM path or launcher path now.  Just go with it, life will be better.
  • Simple and Advanced modes.
  • Advanced mode is what your used to.
  • Simple mode is one click setup, creates full list of launchers, and emulator creation. It will ask if you want to filter the non english languages.

It should be easy if it works the way I intend.

1. click on the Tools->ScummVM Import Tool (simple)
  2. click on the Tools->Import->Rom Files to import the bat files as ScummVM games.

Now scummvm can be portable easily in 3.3.1-plugin, you can rewriting the ini file.  One click will read every single setting out of the ini file and find all absolute paths, check if the path is valid, than convert then to be relative to the launchbox directory.

I owe you guys some new instructions. 

Updated with relative path for better travel! 

ONLY the DLL is updated...  See the update note below lots of new stuff.

• uses launchbox built in ScummVM by default
  • uses a local scummvm.ini by default, import existing to a local or create new fresh local scummvm.ini, all built in
  • find and remove existing epicfail files. 
  • better rom names for smoother mass import
  • BatRunner.exe installed from gui, must stay in your launchbox folder, point to it as your scummvm emulator. (BatRunner.exe is just the ScummVMimport.dll renamed and move to the launchbox main directory. Will prompt you when you create your launcher bat files.  So its automatic you won't have do any thing to create it)  Just point to it as the application for you scummvm emulator if your using the bat files.
  • Updated filtering with priority duplicate control.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Older Version 2.0.5 from the videos ScummVMLauncher.exe

NEW AND IMPROVED - NOW WITH RETROARCH FEATURE

This is the scummvm launching system I use with launchbox.  Most importantly this allows you to get art and videos for BB.  It works for me, so I'm sharing it.  

SETUP LAUNCHERS:

Put these ScummVMLauncher.exe files in your scummvm directory same directory as your scummvm.exe. I'm using 1.9.0.2-win32 currently.  If you already setup my old launcher you can just delete the files and the launchers folder.   

This is how I use it.  

1.  1st is to open your ScummVM and do a "Mass Add"  if you don't know what that is hold the shift button down and the add button on scummvm will  change.  You could skip this if you already have your games loaded in scummvm, but I recommend starting fresh.  
  2. After that close the scummvm program and assuming you have the microsoft .net framework installed run the ScummVMLauncher.exe.  
  3. From the window, select Tools->load scummvm.ini this will attempt to automatically find your file in  %appdata%ScummVM/, if its not there just navigate to the directory that you keep it and select your scummvm.ini file, then select open.  This will grab the scummvm.ini file selected and parse it. 
  4. You should see the gui populate and look similar to the screenshot. 
  5. The gui should be intuitive.  Filter the games the way you want to.  
  6. Select Tools->Generate Launchers

SETUP IN LAUNCHBOX:

1. Setup the emulator for ScummVM and pick the ScummVMLauncher.exe file as the executable.
  2. import roms - pick the launchers folder to import.

Enjoy in BB, with art and videos!

What's New in Version 3.1.0-plugin   See changelog

Released

Version 3.1.0

Updated the DLL because I Just decided to make everything relative path based, so now the collection should travel well.

Version 3.0.0 

Guess what everyone, now it runs as a plugin, with some improvements. I hope everyone agrees.  Give me your feedback, I'm sure I'm missing some stuff.  Its easier to use now. 

Drop the .dll file in to the launchbox Plugins Directory.  Then restart launchbox.

Tools -> EpicFail's ScummVM Import Tool

I hope you can figure it out from there.  I will try to leave the old version from the videos on here, but the dll is the newest most up to date, better version :).

Version 2.0.5

Made some fixes to the experimental->retroarch features. No longer moves your folder or renames them, it just adds the *.epicfail file to each game folder from the ini.  Scan the *.epicfail files as your roms and launch with the scummvm-libretro core.  

Please give me some feedback on this.  I believe its working now. 

Version 2.0.4

Removing the following characters from file names due to being reserved character in Windows.

The following reserved characters:
< (less than)
> (greater than)
: (colon)
" (double quote)
/ (forward slash)
\ (backslash)
| (vertical bar or pipe)
? (question mark)
* (asterisk)

Version 2.0.3

Fixes the issue with when there are spaces in you path to the scummvm.exe.  If you have space delete your launchers and regenerate with the new version.

Version 2.0.2

NOW GENERATE LAUNCHERS FOR THE FULL LIST!

• Tools->Generate Launchers (full list)

ALSO FEATURES RETROARCH OPTION!

• Expiremental->Prepare Collection for RetroArch (full list)

Version 2.0.1

New with the RetroArch option.  This update gives you the experimental option to organize your collection so it can be launched with the retroarch scummvm_libretro.dll core.  

IMPORTANT NOTE:  "Experimental->Prepare Collection for RetroArch" will change the folder names in your collection, backup you collection prior.

HOW TO USE:

1. Start fresh with a version matching your retroarch core, run Scummvm and do your mass update as usual. Then close ScummVM when done.
  2. Next open the ScummVMLauncher.exe, filter it the way you like.
  3. When satisfied with your list, Click "Expiremental->Prepare Collection for RetroArch"
    • This will rename your game folders so retroarch can launch them.
    • This also adds are *.epicfail inside of each game directory, these are named to match emumovies if possible otherwise its the games full name.
    • Treat the *.epicfail as your rom and sort on the *.epicfail files when adding roms

LAUNCHBOX SETTINGS:

• Make RetroArch your default emulator for ScummVM.
  • Set this up using the
     -L "cores\scummvm_libretro.dll" 
    like you would setup any other core
  • Also make sure you download the core in retroarch.

Adding the Games:

1. Tools->Import->Roms Files
  2. Add Files
  3. Navigate to your ScummVM game folder and Search for *.epicfail.
  4. Select all *.epicfail and click open.
  5. Finish wizard as usual.
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 7
  • Game On 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.