LaunchBox Community Forums

Steamy 1.5.1

(10 reviews)

6 Screenshots

About This File

This theme requires LaunchBox 13.2 or newer

This theme is more to show off what is possible with LaunchBox theming and see where we can break the mold. I asked the question, "Could you recreate the Steam interface inside of LaunchBox?" This theme is my answer.

Changes from Default:
EVERYTHING... (no really...)

The images do a pretty good job at showing off the new features this theme provides, the basic run down is as follows:

• The theme basically has two completely different looks depending on if you are using List view or Image view
  • Image View Game Details is horizontal similar to the Steam UI and utilizes a shelf system to drop down game details, achievements, and leaderboards
  • List view utilizes a single list of games similar to the traditional side bar (the ACTUAL side bar was moved to a drop down menu)
  • List view's Game Details is full sized and takes the space that typically the image view AND details would take in our default themes

NOTE: The Game Details Panel CAN be resized, the handle for it is invisible, but is located between the Play button and where image view starts (or the rest of the details are listed in list view). This size change IS remembered so should only need to really do it once.

DISCLAIMER: It is ENTIRELY possible to "break" this theme by hiding some views via the View Menu. Hiding GameDetails or the Sidebar can make it difficult or impossible to do much within the theme and should be left on at all times.

What's New in Version 1.5.1   See changelog

Released

Fixed cloud indicator styling

• Like 29
  • Unusual Gem 9

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 hours ago, C-Beats said:

1.2 Uploaded which corrects the issue reported @tycho1974

Just tested - can confirm that release date is now visible in list view. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Karoline said:

I suggest this arrangement

steamy.png

Karoline,

How did you get the Related Games section to go away? That section is causing a good bit of slowdown for me. Looking under Menu - Tools - Options - Related Games I am unable to find a way to disable these sections entirely. The layout you have for the Steamy theme is exactly how I want to have it. Thank you!

12 hours ago, Karoline said:

I suggest this arrangement

steamy.png

I prefer the one I went with but it's cool to see people changing the theme to fit their needs. Good work, I know this theme's XAML is a bit of a mess and isn't the easiest to modify so congrats on getting it to look like what you want. Feel free to post up your changes to the forum if you want or get anyone asking for your version of it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lisolet said:

Karoline,

How did you get the Related Games section to go away? That section is causing a good bit of slowdown for me. Looking under Menu - Tools - Options - Related Games I am unable to find a way to disable these sections entirely. The layout you have for the Steamy theme is exactly how I want to have it. Thank you!

We don't currently have an option to turn that section off in GameDetails and it would need manually removed from the theme's XAML code. You could find it in the GameDetailsView.xaml file in \\LaunchBox\LBThemes\Steamy\Views

12 hours ago, Lisolet said:

Karoline,

Overwrite this one file

Steamy-GameDetailsView.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1