LaunchBox Community Forums

Rename Media Images/Videos as Rom Name or Game Name Format 1.0.4

(4 reviews)

4 Screenshots

About This File

A plugin to allow you to switch between ROM name format and Game name format for your media files.

Installation:

1. Download RenameMediaToRomNames.dll to your PC.
  2. Close LaunchBox/BigBox and copy the dll file to your LaunchBox/Plugins directory.
  3. It is highly recommended that you make a backup of your LaunchBox/Images and LaunchBox/Videos folders prior to using this plugin.

Renaming game media for entire platforms:

1. Select "Rename Media To ROM or Game Names" from the Tools dropdown in LaunchBox.

2. Select the platform (or platforms) whose game media you want to rename.

3. Choose which format you want to rename the media to (ROM name format or Game name format).

4. Click Start.

Renaming media for individual games:

1. In LaunchBox, select the game or multiple games whose media you want to rename.

2. Right click and select "Rename Media To ROM or Game Names" from the game menu.

3. Choose which format you want to rename the media to (ROM name format or Game name format).

4. Click Start.

FAQs:

Q. Why would anyone want to use this?

A. I actually don't know, but I wrote it because some people on the forums requested it. So if you find this plugin useful please let us know why in the comments 😄.

Edited by superrob3000

What's New in Version 1.0.4   See changelog

Released

v1.0.4

• Fixed a bug where we weren't handling ROM format names containing single quotes correctly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 7

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

ci2own

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Thank you very much for this plugin! 

It's very useful, and i agree with other comments. 

Just an improvement that could be done: Also rename videos the same way.

Response from the author:

Ah... videos, I knew I forgot something. Yes, I'll definitely add support for that. (EDIT: This has been added in v1.0.3)

• Like 1
Link to review
Kevin Leenders

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I love it! Works great. Could you also look to add Game Manual to be included with the rename thnx so much!

• Like 1
Link to review
Mr. RetroLust

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Thank you so very much for making this for us! It works like a charm and exactly what we needed and wished for :) It'll come in handy when you work on a media project which in my case is distributed in rom names but when you want to upload it to the database it should be in LB names to make it much easier. Thanks again man🥂

• Like 1
Link to review

Not only did I quickly find the forum post where somebody had the same thought as me, but some other awesome dude made a plugin for it!!
Thank you, Rob, this is so damn awesome!

I'll use it to easily use Launchbox's already downloaded media for another frontend, I love to experiment a lot with these. :)

• Like 1
Link to review