LaunchBox Community Forums

Rename Media Images/Videos as Rom Name or Game Name Format

Rename Media Images/Videos as Rom Name or Game Name Format

View File

A plugin to allow you to switch between ROM name format and Game name format for your media files.

Installation:

1. Download RenameMediaToRomNames.dll to your PC.
  2. Close LaunchBox/BigBox and copy the dll file to your LaunchBox/Plugins directory.
  3. It is highly recommended that you make a backup of your LaunchBox/Images and LaunchBox/Videos folders prior to using this plugin.

Renaming game media for entire platforms:

1. Select "Rename Media To ROM or Game Names" from the Tools dropdown in LaunchBox.

2. Select the platform (or platforms) whose game media you want to rename.

3. Choose which format you want to rename the media to (ROM name format or Game name format).

4. Click Start.

Renaming media for individual games:

1. In LaunchBox, select the game or multiple games whose media you want to rename.

2. Right click and select "Rename Media To ROM or Game Names" from the game menu.

3. Choose which format you want to rename the media to (ROM name format or Game name format).

4. Click Start.

FAQs:

Q. Why would anyone want to use this?

A. I actually don't know, but I wrote it because some people on the forums requested it. So if you find this plugin useful please let us know why in the comments 😄.

Thanks for this 👍

I seem to have an issue with the scaling though and can't click the start button.   Also when selecting the dropdown in Number 2 it move''s the dropdown over to the right hand side.   I'm using a 4k TV so am not sure if its my scaling or the app so i thought id let you know :)

Screenshot (300).png

Screenshot (301).png

Edited by PaulyC

1 hour ago, PaulyC said:

I seem to have an issue with the scaling though and can't click the start button.   Also when selecting the dropdown in Number 2 it move''s the dropdown over to the right hand side.   I'm using a 4k TV so am not sure if its my scaling or the app so i thought id let you know :)

@PaulyC WinForm scaling is the bane of my existence. Give v1.0.3 a try. It adds scroll bars, so you should be able to access the whole form.

19 hours ago, superrob3000 said:

@PaulyC WinForm scaling is the bane of my existence. Give v1.0.3 a try. It adds scroll bars, so you should be able to access the whole form.

Thanks, the scroll bar works great 👍  The second issue is still present but that doesn't affect anything.

Out of curiosity, is everyone naming their files after the games title?

• 6 months later...