LaunchBox Community Forums

Neon Style Clear Platform Logo Set to compliment the Neon Deluxe Arcade Theme created by Mr. RetroLust... 2.0.0

(0 reviews)

6 Screenshots

About This File

This is a custom, Clear Platform Logo, Neon Style, Set of 68 128\ PNG files that were generated in Photoshop.  I am a complete NOOB at Photoshop, but thought the set turned out pretty good for my first attempt!  I am therefore sharing the fruits of my labor with the LaunchBox Community.  The set is meant to compliment the brilliant BigBox theme, Neon Deluxe Arcade, created by Mr. RetroLust!  Enjoy!

A special thanks to:

• Mr. RetroLust for the brilliant Neon Deluxe Arcade theme.
  • Dan Patrick for his v2 Platform Logos Professional Redrawn + Official Versions New BigBox Defaults set.  This was invaluable to my efforts!

American Laser Games.png

Arcade-Alt.-2.png

Atari 7800.png

Atari Jaguar-Alt.-2.png

Coleco ADAM.png

Commodore Amiga 1200.png

Fairchild Channel F.png

GCE Vectrex.png

Magnavox Odyssey 2.png

Microsoft Xbox.png

NEC PC Engine.png

Nintendo Game Boy Advance.png

Nintendo Super Game Boy 2.png

Nintendo Wii U.png

SNK Neo Geo AES-Alt.-2.png

Williams Classics.png

Windows-Alt.-2.png

Wonderswan Color.png

3DO Interactive Multiplayer-Alt.-2.png

Nintendo Satellaview.png

Pico-8.png

Apple II.png

MUGEN.png

Sinclair ZX Spectrum.png

SNK Classics.png

Texas Instruments TI 99 4A.png

Edited by ROGERWILCO340
Major Update!

What's New in Version 2.0.0   See changelog

Released

***MAJOR UPDATE***

-All Platform Logos in the Set have been reworked correcting for the distorted glow effect around most logos that was first reported by damageinc86...Thanks!

-Many new logos added to the Set bringing the total to 128...  In fact, too many to list!

-For  your convenience, I have included the MASTERS of each logo in the Set in PSD format!  Enjoy!

• Like 8
  • Unusual Gem 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Is the glow effect cut off in the downloaded versions like that? It looks like the canvas size needs to be larger all the way around for most of them.

Yes, you are correct...Tried to fix this in Photoshop, but ran out of time!  If I get some time later on, I'll try to fix the ones that are cut off!  Thanks for the input!

Edited by ROGERWILCO340

Per Cnells2000 request, updated the set with the following platform logos.

Edited by ROGERWILCO340

damageinc86,

So, I would, if I could, but to be honest, that's a little bit complicated!  It is true that the style set that I created above was done in Adobe Photoshop, however, I didn't use vector graphics, as in, "SVG file format", nor did I save my work, so there are no "PSD" files to share with you!  Instead, I purchased a neon light text effect pack from an author that contains a Photoshop "ATN" (action) file.  Basically, this is similar to a "script routine" that runs inside of Photoshop, and generates the necessary effect on either text or a graphic inputted by the end user.  Personally, I've never tried to use the effect on text!  So, there is no "secret sauce"  here to see...Like I said in an earlier post, I am a complete NOOB (amateur) at Photoshop, so it had to be something easy!  All I did was install the action and gradient files included in the Pack for Photoshop, loaded them, plugged in a "PNG" file, pressed play (commit), and out popped the finished product.  Also, I'm pretty sure it's forbidden to post an active link on the forum!  Maybe, one of the Moderator / Admin people can comment further on this!   However, to anyone who is interested, I can furnish the following information to locate, and purchase a copy of this neon effect pack.  The pack is entitled "Neon Light Text Effect"  is was authored by aanderr.  The pack can be found on Envato Market.  Originally, I paid $6.00 USD for the pack, but right now you can get it for $3.00 USD!  The author has included directions inside the pack for installing, loading, and general usage of the effect to get you started!  ***Disclaimer***  I am in no way promoting the purchase of this product!  I have never met or chatted with the author, and am not related to this person!  Nor, do I work for Envato Market!  If you have questions, regarding where to find this pack, remember, Google is your friend!

Hope this helps!

So, this batch is kinda big!  I redid all the platform logos from the previous batch, plus added a few new ones per a request!  Also, I discovered that the Mugen logo I used to produce the platform logo was incorrect, so I added a corrected version!  Of course, all of these new logos have been added to the above zip file for your convenience!

Enjoy! 

MUGEN.png

Nintendo Switch.png

OpenBOR-Alt.-1.png

OpenBOR-Alt.-2.png

Sony Playstation 3-Alt.-1.png

Sony Playstation 3-Alt.-2.png

Sony Playstation 4.png

Xbox360.png

XboxOne.png

8 hours ago, ROGERWILCO340 said:

damageinc86,

So, I would, if I could, but to be honest, that's a little bit complicated!  It is true that the style set that I created above was done in Adobe Photoshop, however, I didn't use vector graphics, as in, "SVG file format", nor did I save my work, so there are no "PSD" files to share with you!  Instead, I purchased a neon light text effect pack from an author that contains a Photoshop "ATN" (action) file.  Basically, this is similar to a "script routine" that runs inside of Photoshop, and generates the necessary effect on either text or a graphic inputted by the end user.  Personally, I've never tried to use the effect on text!  So, there is no "secret sauce"  here to see...Like I said in an earlier post, I am a complete NOOB (amateur) at Photoshop, so it had to be something easy!  All I did was install the action and gradient files included in the Pack for Photoshop, loaded them, plugged in a "PNG" file, pressed play (commit), and out popped the finished product.  Also, I'm pretty sure it's forbidden to post an active link on the forum!  Maybe, one of the Moderator / Admin people can comment further on this!   However, to anyone who is interested, I can furnish the following information to locate, and purchase a copy of this neon effect pack.  The pack is entitled "Neon Light Text Effect"  is was authored by aanderr.  The pack can be found on Envato Market.  Originally, I paid $6.00 USD for the pack, but right now you can get it for $3.00 USD!  The author has included directions inside the pack for installing, loading, and general usage of the effect to get you started!  ***Disclaimer***  I am in no way promoting the purchase of this product!  I have never met or chatted with the author, and am not related to this person!  Nor, do I work for Envato Market!  If you have questions, regarding where to find this pack, remember, Google is your friend!

Hope this helps!

Always save your work! lol.  Ok to google we go. thanks for the details!

You have platform category logos like Consoles and Handhelds? This will be perfect if that's included since I sort everything by platform category first