LaunchBox Community Forums

Movie Scraper Plugin 2.0.0

(3 reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Downloads Information and Images for Movies.

Thanks to @superfurry for the insperation(he created the Movie Launcher in this thread)

thanks to @Nielk1 for assistance with the forms, you do amazing work and are always there to lend a hand.

this Plugin uses the Fanart.TV Api and omdbapi to scrape images and details.

simply add movies to your LaunchBox collection.

Right Click on the Movie or Multiple Movies

Select Scrape Movie.

you may need to hit f5 to refresh the images.

you can find this sourcecode and others at

https://github.com/slipsystem/LaunchBox-Plugin-Examples

BUY ME A BEER

What's New in Version 2.0.0   See changelog

Released

# added a Form if multiple movies match the search criteria.

# added reading data from Kodi and other media centers.

# added a messagebox so you know the download has completed.

# Fixed Api error

# Added preview image to help you select the appropriate movie.

# Added poster and background moviesdb fallback

the plugin will now scan the movies directory for nfo files and image file. these files are generally used by Kodi to display the movie information. it will also match the title to the Movie title in Kodi so "Angry Birds 2016 1080p BluRay x264 DTS-JYK.mkv" will become "The Angry Birds Movie".

if the plugin is not finding the media that is already in Kodi try to export your video library to separate files. Go to Settings> Media>Libary>Export Media and then select Separate.

you will now be presented with a form that allows you to select the correct movie if there are multiple movies with a similar name. if only one movie is found it will go ahead and grab the information without needing a selection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Great plugin but I have a couple of questions.

1. Is it possible to get different artwork for films with the same title but different years?  I'm having trouble keeping the artwork separate for IT released in 1990 and 2017.  It will show the same artwork for both films.
  2. Would it be possible when we scrape a film for it to add the release date to the form?  It seems to only scrape title and artwork at the moment.

Keep up the great work though.  I love your plugin.

On 1/13/2018 at 5:52 AM, Entombed said:

Great plugin but I have a couple of questions.

1. Is it possible to get different artwork for films with the same title but different years?  I'm having trouble keeping the artwork separate for IT released in 1990 and 2017.  It will show the same artwork for both films.
  2. Would it be possible when we scrape a film for it to add the release date to the form?  It seems to only scrape title and artwork at the moment.

Keep up the great work though.  I love your plugin.

yeah i also would love if this could add the release date from the nfo file as well as keep from adding the same artwork for both movies.

Anyone else having trouble with this lately? Since the latest Windows update i cannot get this to scrape. Initially i needed to unlock the dlls but still didnt work. It just does nothing, no error.

I have installed it on my laptop also, regressed to 8.9, connected via different internet connection, nothing seems to work.

If this is user error I am sorry for posting here, last time i used it succsessfully was end of Feb if that helps.

TIA

You are not the only one. I also have issue with it after Windows Update and Launchbox update. Clicking scrap movie does nothing. I thought maybe it was taking a while for some reason or my internet was just slow. However, I let it be for over an hour and still nothing.

Things I have tried:

1. Deleting the plugin

2. Restarting LaunchBox

3. Downloading a fresh copy of the plugin

4. Installed plugin

5. Started LaunchBox

6. Importing a new movie/re-scraping one already there

7. Does nothing. I even hit f5 several times.

I do not know anything about coding so I have not even tried to see if there is something in the code that is not working sense the new updates.

Someone please help! I can manually do it but I would rather not I have tones of Digital copies from my Blue-Rays I want to add.

Now that I am on that. The plugin does not add information in the details like Genre, rating etc. Did it ever do that? I have always just added it myself.

Edited by jkc1986

is there any way to get this working again? the newer versions of launchbox are no longer working with this plugin?

Edited by darreldearth

Anyone know if there is an alternative to this plugin? Seems this been down from working for quite awhile with no update to the newer Launchbox version. Like others stating lately, mine doesn't work at all so i been digging around today on the forums to see if there is a fix or alternative to this plugin. Sadly not finding anything but maybe someone else here knows of another option

Edited by flaherty784@yahoo.com