-
Posts
1,448 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Articles
Downloads
Gallery
Blogs
Posts posted by damageinc86
-
-
-
1 hour ago, Orionsangel said:
I don't think the Daphne core is ready for prime time. It's still being worked on.
oh so you used the standalone then? I thought it was only for dragon's lair lol. Guess I should go investigate that again.
-
46 minutes ago, Orionsangel said:
Just use the awesome Daphne emulator. It works like a charm.
You mean the standalone Daphne emulator? The Daphne core in retroarch didn't even load the game.
-
On 8/29/2026 at 9:21 AM, Orionsangel said:
well dang, this made me want to play the game, but mine is stuck on a start up screen with just the words "stand by" in the middle. It never loads anything though.
-
16 hours ago, usman.sm said:
The link does not work for me. Can you help out please?
looks like it got taken down.
-
Is there per-controller big box navigation key-mapping yet? So for instance, if button 5 is start on one retro usb controller, the user can map that to Enter, and then if button 2 is start on another retro controller, the user can also map that to Enter. That way the user can pick up any of their usb controllers and have their respective start buttons all press Enter for Big Box Naviation. I think it has been almost 10 years since the first bitbucket issue posted on this lol.
-
10 hours ago, x4ml said:
MAME and FinalBurn Neo are currently handled under the Arcade platform during import. The MAME/FinalBurn Neo logic is used for arcade metadata and emulator/core support, but the importer does not currently expose separate “MAME” or “FinalBurn Neo” categories.
So could you maybe run the normal import for FinalBurn under arcade fully, separately, and then after that is done and scraped, unselect it as being a child of arcade? then it would be in the main menu?
-
13 hours ago, TonyBlue87 said:
I'm having the same issue. "Back" on my Xbox One controller is swapping back to Big Box, leaving the game running somewhere in the background. This seems to have been introduced in the latest beta update. I didn't have this problem before, and pressing Start+Select was the only way to bring up the Big Box UI while in-game. Setting "Back" to no input is not an option, as then I can't navigate Big Box.
Ouch! this is unfortunate. I really hope they can address the bigbox controller navigation stuff. That type of basic QOL feature should really be ironed out. I'm still waiting for the ability to assign big box navigation controls on a per-controller basis, instead of assigning a blanket mapping to all controllers. I think it's been a little over 5 years since my bitbucket post for it, which was marked a duplicate of a bitbucket post from 2016!. I'd even donate to a crowdfunding account specifically for this big box controller stuff.
-
I think you could make a new platform called FBNeo and then import it outside of the mame importer function, then "scrape as" Arcade when you're doing the metadata and images n stuff. Maybe?
-
if the creator shared the theme creation files that would make it a lot easier to edit that value I'd guess.
-
What emulators are you using? I'd imagine you could just map controllers per-emulator, or per-emulator core if you are using retroarch.
-
On 6/18/2026 at 8:39 PM, SatiricCandy said:
This is fun. Editing anything has become a complete crapshoot. My cabinet project is delayed indefinitely because every time I try to make a configuration change, it crashes. There are brief moments when it seems to work, but after a few minutes, the next time I try to adjust a setting, it fails again. $80 folks. 2026.
what settings are you trying to adjust?
-
3 hours ago, linux said:
I gave up and moved onto playnite. The UI is more impressive in my opinion also and customizing everything to be like big box is possible also in my limited use with it. Shame, because I paid for Launchbox and it served me well for a while but I always had random memory issues, just not as frequently since the last update. I tried a fresh install and rolling back but nothing helped..
I guess I don't leave my bigbox running for a long time, so I've never ran into these things. My experience has been great with launchbox over the last 12 years. that playnite looked decent, but i dunno.
-
20 hours ago, mo50cal said:
its to the point i regret selecting to use it and i wonder why am i still paying for this fix it please it sucks bad i usually have to run it over night and its filled with errors
I've never had any issues with using emumovies to get my high quality video snaps.
-
Here's what my Arcade Platform looks like. Entire MAME import, with different playlists. I think a lot of them were the auto-populated lists that Launchbox already had ready. But I can't remember what that looked like when I created them, since it was so long ago. A few I added myself, Like Horizontal, Vector, Arcade Hacks, and Vertical playlists.
Happy to share any files relating to organization and such!
-
bezels for what platform?
-
Is this for Arcade with retroarch?
-
Wow, that is pretty cool! Thanks for the help with clear logos. It doesn't just help with "wheel art", but it can be great to have for box art reconstruction too!
-
1
-
-
On 4/25/2026 at 11:58 AM, TheOldKing1998 said:
The Links to a lot of the older bezels are completely dead (the pcengine one in particular is one I want but the mediafire link on the youtube video no longer works.) Could you please update the links?
here you go.
-
I've got proper templates for SMS posted in the files download section if you wanted to use those to help out too.
-
1
-
-
-
So, if you have images named properly, like "game name-01.png" to match what launchbox shows as the title,..then launchbox should automatically show them when you hit a refresh (F5) of the games. I have almost exclusively custom images for my setup, and I routinely drag 'n drop images/sets of images that I've already named properly into the image folders and after a refresh they show up fine.
-
1
-
-
This has already been a feature request in every possible forum (bitbucket, here, and the newer feedback area), for YEARS. Please,...pleeeaaassseee give bigbox the ability to map PER-Controller navigation mappings for the various different controllers users might have plugged in.
-
3
-
-
For the love of all that is holy,...will we ever get per-controller bigbox navigation mapping capabilities?
Happy to share any files relating to organization and such!
Orionsangel's Realistic Arcade Overlays for MAME & Retroarch (Updated 09/18/2026)
in Game Media
Posted
oh cool, nice touch!