-
Posts
1,264 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
16
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Articles
Downloads
Gallery
Blogs
Posts posted by dragon57
-
-
42 minutes ago, mtsy said:
Hey guys,
is anyone else having issues with EmuMovies right now?
The website keeps getting stuck on the loading spinner for me, and LaunchBox also seems to be having trouble syncing/downloading media from EmuMovies.
Just wondering if there’s a temporary server/API issue at the moment or if it’s only on my end.
Thanks!
I just ran another test here. Everything worked fine.
-
1 hour ago, JoeViking245 said:
Did those games with + in the title find/download any EmuMovies assets?
If so, makes me wonder if it's an isolated SNES thing then.
If not, ...then it still may be the issue. Where it finds the game on there, but when downloading the assets it freaks out.
No, nothing was downloaded for the games with '+' in the file names.
-
1
-
-
For what it is worth, I just ran the test steps above on my Nintendo DS sytem, which has several titles with a + in the naming, close to 1600 titles total. No issues. I downloaded files from emumovies in a couple of minutes.
-
I performed your steps here against my SNES collection and everything proceeded as normal here.
-
What you are seeing is often related to the api server for emumovies having issues. Have you checked on their forums for any related post? You can also use their EmuMovies Sync tool to check for related issues so you can at least know where the issue lies.
-
What you are seeing is standard, and intended behavior of the LaunchBox application.
-
18 hours ago, Arthurcoutinho600 said:
Can anyone please make some of these?
Thanks
A number of these already exist and are bundled in the 'additional' archive available on the download area. You need to use the pdf available on the download page and search for what you are looking for.
Duplicate requests are probably going to be ignored as it appears you aren't current on what is already available in this thread itself in addition to the archive file.
After you get current, then come back and make a new request for what you are looking for.
Here is the link for the archive I have referenced: -
-
2 hours ago, Fursphere said:
I agree with almost everything you've said, with the exception of leaving out the key phase "...for enthusiasts"
That phrase belongs after every statement you made, because at some point (I've been in tech professionally for 30+ years now) I don't want to "play tech guy" at home anymore. I just want to use my flipping computer. And Linux is still a tech research tweaky quicky nitemare bullshit game. If I want to deploy kubernetes, linux is my go to node choice. If I was to build a webserver, I'm probably using linux. If I want to play a game on steam? Or use my collection of high end game controllers (Fanatec, VKB, light guns, LED controllers for arcade shit, blah blah blah..) Linux ain't it.
Yes, you can most likley absolutely get almost anything to work on linux. It may take minutes, it may take hours/days/weeks to figure out a particular quirk / roadblock. I have better things to do with my time these days. If I was still a young guy in my teens or twenties, I'd probably just white knuckle it and plow through. But those days are long gone. I'm older now, and I don't see value in endlessly searching forums / reddit / youtube / github / etc to get a trivial thing to work.
If you do, rock on man. Seriously. Good on you.
And..... all of my Win11 machines do not use Microsoft accounts. Its a trivial workaround. If you choose "home / personal" when you're installing, you'll get pushed into a Microsoft account (you can still avoid it, but its harder). If you choose "education / work" - no requirement at all.Totally agree with you. I'm too old to worry about the vagaries of un*x, Linux, and the like. I learned starting with custom un*x hardware in the early 80's. It was my job to make those esoteric machines run, and I enjoyed it. I still install new Linux distros for nostalgia's sake from time to time, but not for a real personal need in one of my home systems. I totally understand why Jason and company haven't gone down the Linux path (yet?). Maybe it will happen one day soon; if so, I wish them luck.
-
11 hours ago, skytiger said:
Hello, I am looking for a silver ring for Namco System 246/256 arcade system (PS2 based). Can somebody make it ?
Thanks
The Namco System 246 ring already exists in this thread and is contained within the additional archive mentioned in this thread and downloads section.
-
22 minutes ago, Gregorick said:
Is there anyway anyone can provide a fresh link for these videos? Ive looked everywhere!
The link is fresh, I just tested it.
-
4 hours ago, Alucard205 said:
Old post, but I had the exact same issue. I solved it by disabling graphics widgets. Not a developer, but I believe it has something to do with an overlay conflicting with onscreen notifications. You can do this in the interface by going Settings -> User Interface -> On-Screen Notifications -> Graphics Widgets. In a cfg file you can add
menu_enable_widgets = "false"Edit: Just found out you can also switch the video driver to ogl to fix the issue as well. In a cfg file that would be
video_driver = "ogl"Let me tell you, Retroarch has been a total pain to deal with as it relates to options and overlays. Little behind the scenes updates over periods can mess you over big time. Thanks for sharing the current options to help with the stated problem.
-
The https://www.verticalarcade.com/overlays/all-overlays site only has vertical overlays, that is the point.
-
-
I updated the archive to include barricad w/green and red overlay options.
-
I only worked on vector based games, and Barricade isn't a vector game. It is pixel based, but does have two different color overlay definitions, red and green. I'll add this to my archive here shortly.
-
45 minutes ago, TomConklinVO said:
I just went through all of these and applied them. They all work brilliantly! The one exception (in my library anyway) was War of the Worlds with the file name wotw. I have the filename version, wotwc. That one does have a color overlay that already works with the bezel, but the additional overlay artwork is missing. That is one that would be awesome if you could check out. I did come across one other game that you might work on and add to the archive. Its a game by Ramtek called Barricade. The file name is Barricad.
If I find other ones, I will let you know. Thanks so much for your work on these!
I suspect we may have a mismatch between the version of MAME we both have. I based the archive on MAME 0.288. Naming can change between versions. Also, if your names are slightly different, just rename and/or make copies. The files inside the subdirectories are self contained, so no edits are required. Make all the copies you want/need.
-
OK, here you go.
-
1
-
-
5 hours ago, TomConklinVO said:
That's a great idea! I would love to know what other ones you find. If you put together a collection, please let me know as well. I'll run though my library at some point too and see what ones I might have.
By the way... those lay files worked perfectly! Thank you so much!
I'll put an archive together once I am finished. I just got started and already found a couple.
-
1
-
-
After you brought this up, I am now thinking of going over the rest of the MAME vector game list to see how many others have colored overlay definitions that could be integrated.
-
1
-
-
I went ahead and knocked these out while I had lay logic in my brain.
Here is the replacement for astdelux:
Here is the replacement for bzone:
-
1
-
1
-
-
I should not need anything from you other than which MAME games need lay file editing.
-
1
-
-
I'm not a big arcade game player, so I had to find those and run them. Yes, looks like the same requirement. I'll track down the info required to modify their lay files and work on them tomorrow. Stay tuned! 😁
-
1
-
-
This should be very close to what you are after. Make a copy of your existing lay file in the starcas directory, then put this lay file from the attachment into your starcas directory. Make sure MAME isn't running when you do this. If you want/need to adjust the strength of the colored overlay parts, look at line 33 for the value of the color alpha value. I set it to .05, which looks good on my monitor, but you may have to tweak it on your setup. The value goes from 0 to 1.
-
1
-
Need To Remove Version Numbers In Dreamcast Titles
in Troubleshooting
Posted
If you Google for dreamcast redump collection, you should get an "archive dot org" link for all the titles with standard naming.