LaunchBox Community Forums

*BUG* Crash when dragging scroll bar fast.

bd00

When scrolling fast, dragging the scroll bar on the right, i get this error: System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.ValueCollection.Enumerator.MoveNext() at LaunchBox.Caching.ImageCacheList.ClearOldest() at LaunchBox.Caching.ImageCache.DisposeOldImages() at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

BD said When scrolling fast, dragging the scroll bar on the right, i get this error: System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.ValueCollection.Enumerator.MoveNext() at LaunchBox.Caching.ImageCacheList.ClearOldest() at LaunchBox.Caching.ImageCache.DisposeOldImages() at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
So pretty much, LaunchBox couldn't keep up with the HDD Cache. Are your images on an external?

BD said I figured as much. No, not an external.
That's strange. Has it done it since? Have you tried adding in 500mb or 1GB of RAM Cache too? That fixed my problem on the External and loading problems, but... if you're not on a slow read / write... it should work fine. Edit: However, it is a new feature so I wonder if Jason could be more specific with his help.

• 2 weeks later...
Just to let you know I get this sometimes. I have tried 1024MB and 1536MB and still happens but it's erratic, just random. Sometimes a few days and it's ok and other time within minutes. Also sometimes LB will for no reason use 25 - 30% of my CPU until I close it, but that is even more rare, I've seen that 3 times. I'm running AMD 3.6GHz Quad-core 5600K APU, 8GB 1600MHz RAM, and AMD HD 6670 2GB DDR3. Not sure if any of that is of use to you guys.

• 2 weeks later...
ps4isthefuture said Just to let you know I get this sometimes. I have tried 1024MB and 1536MB and still happens but it's erratic, just random. Sometimes a few days and it's ok and other time within minutes. Also sometimes LB will for no reason use 25 - 30% of my CPU until I close it, but that is even more rare, I've seen that 3 times. I'm running AMD 3.6GHz Quad-core 5600K APU, 8GB 1600MHz RAM, and AMD HD 6670 2GB DDR3. Not sure if any of that is of use to you guys.
Yeah, I get the issue with LB using the CPU for no apparent reason. I load all my emulators from scripts, so I ended up editing them to kill LB before the emulator is launched, then restart it when the emulator is closed. However it seems to corrupt the xml file every now and then, so thank god for the backups. Dirty hack i know, but will suffice until the issue is fixed. It is a nightly after all.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi guys, I do really need to get these sorts of issues resolved, obviously. They're my main focus at this point. I would really appreciate if you guys could test the latest beta to see if you're still getting any of these sorts of issues. Per the CPU usage, typically what causes it is when LaunchBox needs to regenerate the box art images. Though this shouldn't be happening unless something triggers it, such as resizing the box art or force refreshing the cache, etc. It does do this in the background and it can take a long time if you have a very large collection, so it may appear to be never ending (but it shouldn't really be). Please let me know if you're still getting these issues with the latest beta. Also, I'd be curious to know if you get any CPU usage issues while the cache is turned off. Thanks, Jason

Ok Jason I will keep a closer eye on the beta. I have been using it and not noticed yet but I normally only notice on more labor intensive games. I only have one game that is unplayable with LB open and that is NBA 2k15, FPS run just under par causing issues in button input lag, but that is due to RAM usage. Even though I have 8Gb and a 2Gb gfx card. But Watch Dogs, Tomb Raider, and other high-end games perform as they normally do without LB running. Anyway I will keep a sharp eye on the CPU usage being stuck at 25-30% I also had an issue with 3.5 that when I told it to refresh the images it would become non-responsive and freeze. I will need to try this on the beta and see if I still get that issue as well.