LaunchBox Community Forums

I am building an Insane New PC and I want to share that with everyone!!!!

SentaiBrad

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6jZNkL So that is my parts list, and they're all ordered coming in on Wednesday. I skipped out on the GPU because my current PC has a GTX 970 4GB that I am carrying over, as well as two hard drives. A media drive and my production drive. Thoughts on the build?

Looks good. Are you planning on going with an SLI setup on your graphics ? If not why go with an 850w power supply ? Check this tower out. http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=75044&vpn=FD-CA-DEF-R4-BL&manufacture=Fractal%20Design&promoid=1130 I have this one and it was an absolute pleasure to build in with all the room to work and it is so nice and quiet.

I might go SLI in the future, but I also have lots of HDD's and plenty of USB devices, so I just wanted the overhead just in case. After I build it I might add some more fans too, it just depends. My wife is getting my old PC too, so she's happy. Her current PC sucks ass. We have to put back in my GTX 460 for the time being until we can get her a new GPU, but she's super happy.

I have 5 hard drives and DVD rom and a ton of USB devices in mine with a 970 and my power supply is only 500W and runs flawlessly. But if you are planning on adding a 2nd card somewhere down the line then the 850w is fine to have. If not then 850w is overkill.

Yea im gonna try and remember to take some pictures as well to share. I am happy. My machine is finally being retired... partially. I run this thing like a mule and it's been 7 years. The Motherboard, CPU and Hard Drive are the only original parts left. I put 12GB of RAM and a new GPU in my current machine. I am jumping up from 1st gen i7's to 6th gen... I am so excited.

What kind of monitor are you using right now ? I recently pick up an Asus PG278Q ROG Swift and let me tell you its freakin awesome for gaming and emulation. The G-Sync, 1440 resolution and extremely low input lag make it amazing for emulation. I noticed a fairly big difference on input delay and I was not an input lag whore like some purists out there. I know it isn't cheap but if you are interested and in the market for a significant upgrade this things is worth the money.

SentaiBrad said I run this thing like a mule and it's been 7 years.
A 7-year jump in computing technology? Well, applying Moore's Law, your old Rig will be afraid of the new one. Laugh I suggest strappin' yourself in a bit for the 'first boot', so when you faint, you won't fall out of the chair. LaughLaugh P.S. That PCPartPicker Webite is nice, isn't it? Oh, ah, will you build me one, too? WinkLaugh

I was only kidding about the productivity increase, but you guys rock! You get a 'new toy' of extreme proportions, and where I'd be a blithering idiot running benchmarks and trying to over-heat it, you're making new videos for the Forum??? I dunno what to say, other than, "U B da Man". Laugh