LaunchBox Community Forums

Right-click menu issue in LaunchBox 4.5

spycat

I'm now using LaunchBox 4.5 and I've come across what might be an issue with the game boxart right-click menu. This menu now displays an option to allow you to open a game's emulator if it uses one. This new feature works fine until you right-click games that use Additional Apps. Whenever these games are right-clicked, the menu adds more instances of the Open emulator option and the menu keeps getting bigger and bigger, eventually exceeding the screen height. This is annoying, but fortunately not permanent. When you close LaunchBox and restart it then things are back to normal, at least until you start right-clicking again! Anyone else having this issue? By the way this underpriced piece of software has the potential to eventually be the leader in it's field. Have you given any thought to restoring the Donate button?

scree said I'm now using LaunchBox 4.5 and I've come across what might be an issue with the game boxart right-click menu. This menu now displays an option to allow you to open a game's emulator if it uses one. This new feature works fine until you right-click games that use Additional Apps. Whenever these games are right-clicked, the menu adds more instances of the Open emulator option and the menu keeps getting bigger and bigger, eventually exceeding the screen height. This is annoying, but fortunately not permanent. When you close LaunchBox and restart it then things are back to normal, at least until you start right-clicking again! Anyone else having this issue? By the way this underpriced piece of software has the potential to eventually be the leader in it's field. Have you given any thought to restoring the Donate button?
Whoa, this one slipped past me because I never have anything use additional apps. Good find, I'll pass this on to Jason. Edit: I can't reproduce this. I set something in the Additional Apps menu and nothing out of the ordinary is happening. What do you have set in additional applications and what is checked?

Hi SentaiBrad. The Additional Apps feature itself works perfectly, my problem is with the new Open Emulator menu option added in LBox 4.5. To try and isolate what might be an obscure issue at my end I temporarily renamed my LaunchBox folder, then created a new LaunchBox folder, installed version 4.5 and installed one test game - SkyBlazer (SNes). I then created an additional app for this game to allow a trained version to be run from the right-click menu. Every time the right-click menu is opened for the game a new instance of Open SNes9X is added. The same happens when a new installation of LaunchBox is created, this time installing one test game - Castle Quest (BBC Micro) and creating 2 Additional Apps to autorun the game's XPadder profile before the game and to close XPadder when the game is quit. I've made some png screen captures but unfortunately I don't know how to add them to my reply. So, in the example of SkyBlazer, the Additional App ROM File box points to the game to run, and the Use Emulator box is ticked. And each time that the game's boximage is right-clicked a new instance of Open SNes9X is added to the menu between the Open Game Folder and Open Images Folder options.