LaunchBox Community Forums

Gamepad button assignment

averagejoe

First of all, that you for all the wonderful work. I bought the licensed version and spread the word, this is definitely the best frontend/game launcher ever made. I've been playing Blake Stone recently and I was wondering: would there be a way to assign all those shiny unused Xbox 360 buttons to different tasks? Like "back" for ESC and "start" for ENTER? Of course, that would only depend on each game, so I guess it would only work with games that use DOSBOX? What do you guys think?

There is limited hotkey support within BigBox, but probably not for the functions that you're wanting. However, Xpadder allows you to remap buttons or combinations of buttons to other keystrokes. I have back+left bumper set to "ESC" and back+right bumper set to "Alt+Tab" for example. This carries through to anything in Windows, not just emulators.