LaunchBox Community Forums

Feature requests to make sorting easier

KyaeroSaber

Can you mount games and run them in SSF without LaunchBox? This will tell us if it's a problem with SSF or the .bat shortcut. Also, SSF seems to know that mount is a command, it's saying that the syntax is wrong. I was thinking you might check DTLite's Virtual Device Manager settings to see if "0" corresponds with the virtual drive you're using. I'm having problems with SSF at the moment as well.

KyaeroSaber said Can you mount games and run them in SSF without LaunchBox? This will tell us if it's a problem with SSF or the .bat shortcut. Also, SSF seems to know that mount is a command, it's saying that the syntax is wrong. I was thinking you might check DTLite's Virtual Device Manager settings to see if "0" corresponds with the virtual drive you're using. I'm having problems with SSF at the moment as well.
Yes, i can mount a game outside Launchbox and play. Uninstalled DT Lite and installed DT Pro...same problem. is there another command line? EDIT: WOW! i made it! only adding "dt" do the job!
@echo off set daemon="C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Pro\DTAgent.exe" start "" %daemon% -mount dt, 0, %1% start /wait "" "SSF.exe" %daemon% -unmount dt, 0
Thanks for the help!!!

• 1 month later...
Interesting. I have a similar SSF.bat for Alchohol 52%.
@echo off "C:\Program Files (x86)\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 52\AxCmd.exe" K: /M:%1 start "" /wait ssf.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 52\AxCmd.exe" K: /U
I'm seeing a lot of reinventing the wheel going on here. Maybe we should all get together and compile and sticky a .bat thread for this stuff, and try to get versions for various disc mounting softwares. So far I have four 3 line batch files to mount and run Saturn games, PCEngineCD games, Multiple Disc PC games, and NeoGeo games. I really think it would be a good idea to compile what we know so people don't have to figure it out over again. If you agree to sticky one Jason (and no one replies to it so I can edit it when necessary) I'd be happy to make one. Wouldn't be the first sticky I upkept.
JJLR said I used the code for SSF.BAT but here opens the emulator and the daemon tools, but not auto mount the game image... I'm using daemon tools lite.
Where is Daemon tools located on your hard drive? According to a previous post you need to point at DTAgent.exe Use the batch file directly above your post. Edit: Since this thread seems to be mainly about Daemontools, I just ran across this link, and thought it might be useful. http://www.daemon-help.com/en/additionally/command_line @thiagocostaalves Now I see why adding dt did the job. With Daemontools apparently you have to specify a generic image type if it isn't one Daemontools defaults to.

I've got .bat files for basically all of the disc system emulators I use. These emulators are:
Spoiler
Dolphin (GameCube/Wii), PCSX2 (PS2), nullDC (Dreamcast), ePSXe (PS1), SSF (Saturn), Raine (NeoGeo CD), Fusion (Sega CD), 4DO (3DO), Magic Engine (Turbo-CD), WinKawaks* (Neo Geo) *WinKawaks doesn't emulate a disc system, but it does require a command input to automatically select a game.
The underlined emulators use the .bat to mount a virtual drive. I also use the .bat to unzip large (disc) games only for when I want to play them. If you keep your games unzipped, this extra step is unnecessary. In addition, I use the .bat to determine startup by game format for emulators of multiple systems/addons like Fusion. If you guys are interested in these .bat's let me know where I should post them.

Hi, I don't know how interested anyone else is in this subject, since no one else seems to have replied to my posts on it, but I'm going to go ahead and collect the information anyway if I can if for no other reason than to be able to answer people's questions when they have them. Posting .bat files to the forum seems to have some issues - at the very least concerning when there is a \ followed by an r, so if you wouldn't mind too much could you email your batch files to me? I'll put my email in my signature so I can remove it later, since I can't edit my posts once someone else replies to them and I'm not about to leave my email floating around permanently. I'd really appreciate it if you could send them to me along with info about whether you had to set them as the emulator and/or add anything to the additional apps field in launchbox.

Hi kamyk, I think the odd backslash issue might be hard to resolve, but I believe I've given people the permissions they need in order to upload batch files, at least. I definitely want to get any of these types of issues solved. Hopefully uploading batch files does work now, at least.

KyaeroSaber said I've got .bat files for basically all of the disc system emulators I use. These emulators are:
Spoiler
Dolphin (GameCube/Wii), PCSX2 (PS2), nullDC (Dreamcast), ePSXe (PS1), SSF (Saturn), Raine (NeoGeo CD), Fusion (Sega CD), 4DO (3DO), Magic Engine (Turbo-CD), WinKawaks* (Neo Geo) *WinKawaks doesn't emulate a disc system, but it does require a command input to automatically select a game.
The underlined emulators use the .bat to mount a virtual drive. I also use the .bat to unzip large (disc) games only for when I want to play them. If you keep your games unzipped, this extra step is unnecessary. In addition, I use the .bat to determine startup by game format for emulators of multiple systems/addons like Fusion. If you guys are interested in these .bat's let me know where I should post them.
Can you share your SSF.bat file ???

kamyk2000 said Interesting. I have a similar SSF.bat for Alchohol 52%.
@echo off "C:\Program Files (x86)\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 52\AxCmd.exe" K: /M:%1 start "" /wait ssf.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 52\AxCmd.exe" K: /U
I'm seeing a lot of reinventing the wheel going on here. Maybe we should all get together and compile and sticky a .bat thread for this stuff, and try to get versions for various disc mounting softwares. So far I have four 3 line batch files to mount and run Saturn games, PCEngineCD games, Multiple Disc PC games, and NeoGeo games. I really think it would be a good idea to compile what we know so people don't have to figure it out over again. If you agree to sticky one Jason (and no one replies to it so I can edit it when necessary) I'd be happy to make one. Wouldn't be the first sticky I upkept.
JJLR said I used the code for SSF.BAT but here opens the emulator and the daemon tools, but not auto mount the game image... I'm using daemon tools lite.
Where is Daemon tools located on your hard drive? According to a previous post you need to point at DTAgent.exe Use the batch file directly above your post. Edit: Since this thread seems to be mainly about Daemontools, I just ran across this link, and thought it might be useful. http://www.daemon-help.com/en/additionally/command_line @thiagocostaalves Now I see why adding dt did the job. With Daemontools apparently you have to specify a generic image type if it isn't one Daemontools defaults to.
Please see in my screen the error with SSF.bat I can run the games in SSF mounting by DaemonTools... but not launch through LaunchBox SSF.png Fixed !!! Was an error in SSF Drive Selection !!! Now it's running !!!!!!!!!!!!!! LaughLaughLaughLaugh

Here's my SSF.bat:
:: @echo off set game=%1% set dest="C:\Users\***FILE PATH TO EXTRACTION DESTINATION***" set unrar="C:\Program Files\WinRAR\UnRAR.exe" set daemon="C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Pro\DTAgent.exe" set emu="C:\Users\***FILE PATH TO SSF***\SSF.exe" set backup=%game:.cue=.rar% set backup=%backup:C:\Users\***DESTINATION***=***ZIP/RAR/7Z FOLDER***% %unrar% e -o- %backup% * %dest% %daemon% -mount 0, %game% start /wait "" %emu% %daemon% -unmount 0 cd %dest% del /s /p *.bin *.iso
Give me a couple minutes and I'll comment more on how it works. As it is now, its compatibility is limited because all my Saturn games are .bin/.cue zipped as .rar.

:: @echo off set game=%1% set dest="C:\Users\***FILE PATH TO EXTRACTION DESTINATION***" set unrar="C:\Program Files\WinRAR\UnRAR.exe" set daemon="C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Pro\DTAgent.exe" set emu="C:\Users\***FILE PATH TO SSF***\SSF.exe" :: set backup=%game:.cue=.rar% set backup=%backup:C:\Users\***DESTINATION***=***ZIP/RAR/7Z FOLDER***% %unrar% e -o- %backup% * %dest% ::"Backup" is the path to the zipped game. If you don't zip your games, skip this. ::I have a folder of placeholder .cue or .txt "game" files that LaunchBox refers to. ::This saves space and allows LaunchBox to recognize games when they are still zipped. ::LaunchBox opens "game.cue" in SSF.bat; it replaces "C:\game.cue" with "G:\game.rar". ::As is, this only finds *.rar* games from *.cue* placeholders. ::You need to add extra lines of "set backup=" to get it to work with other file types. :: %daemon% -mount 0, %game% start /wait "" %emu% %daemon% -unmount 0 :: cd %dest% del /s /p *.bin *.iso ::I delete the extra unzipped copies of games I'm not playing to save space. ::*This asks to delete the .bin, .iso files in the folder where game.cue is.* ::*You can add file types as *.derp, but BE CAREFUL what you delete!*
I'm definitely not an expert on writing .bat code, so any constructive comments or changes are appreciated.