LaunchBox Community Forums

A perfect Commodore Amiga WinUAELoader.exe aviable!

aRcAdEsTaTiOn

Hi Volks, here is a perfect solution to load Commodore Amiga-Files in Launchbox. WinUAELoader: http://headsoft.com.au/index.php?category=winuaeloader Configuration: Launcher: Application Path Emulatoren\WinUAE\WinUAELoader.exe Application Command-Line Parameter -mode GameBase -rom "R-Type II.zip" You must some Amiga-Path in WinUAELoader.exe directly Have Fun! Best regards, aRcAdEsTaTiOn

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Arcade, I found the issue. Thanks for helping me work through it; sorry for the trouble. I just put out a new beta version to fix it; if you would, enable beta downloads under Tools > Options > General > Updates and check the box to update to beta versions. Then you should be able to test this. I'm hoping to put out an official release later today to fix it. The issue was when you edited the games. So any game that you didn't edit shouldn't be affected, but unfortunately you'll need to fix any games you edited.

• 6 months later...
I downloaded the program above WinUAELoader: http://headsoft.com.au/index.p.....nuaeloader I then set my win uae exe location in Winuaeloader and also set me whdload folder in winuaeloader(mine moved to launchbox games folder). click on test game in Winuaeloader to make sure game runs outside of launchbox. I then used the config in launch box -mode whdload -rom I hope this helps sorry but I'm not an expert if this does not work then I try and explain again.

I am sorry But I am no expert but I think your rom names have to be the same as in the whdload xml folder. for example my rocket ranger rom is called RocketRanger_v1.5b_1641.zip I tried renaming it and it disappeared from game list in test games. changed it back and it was there again please try and rename rocket ranger and see if that works

orac31 said I am sorry But I am no expert but I think your rom names have to be the same as in the whdload xml folder. for example my rocket ranger rom is called RocketRanger_v1.5b_1641.zip I tried renaming it and it disappeared from game list in test games. changed it back and it was there again please try and rename rocket ranger and see if that works
Where can i find this XML and where i place it?

Cabirus said Hopefully, Amiga integration into LaunchBox will get a lot easier soon. The developer of the great emulator FS-UAE is planning to allow starting games via command line (see here). In combination with the database of FS-UAE Launcher this could be the perfect solution for us Amiga enthusiasts! :-)
well I had never heard of this emu before so gave it a go and have to say I am mega impressed. for me it runs full speed and every whd load game I have tried works really well (I do have a reg version of whdload and amiga forever for the kickstarts) I can not launch a game from launchbox yet tho will still keep trying but its trial and errer with commend line commands if I have any luck will let you know