LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox auto resizes after starting a new season

FranzShester

Hello, first of all thanks for this awesome front end.. i was looking for a long time for something like this and i really love what you have done here.. today i purchased my license as a way to say thank you for this work :) Ok, as for the problem... it isn´t really a big problem.. but sometimes when I start Launchbox it doesn´t remeber the last window size (from the last season) of the app and it starts in a small window.. so i have to resize it again the way it was before.. this doesn´t happens every single time I start a new launchbox season.. but sometimes it does.. I really don´t know why... I use windows xp if this helps... i hope you can help me out with that :) greetings PS: another thing... when you have a premium license.. you get your name on the windows title.. my name has an accent (á).. so instead of my name i get some weird characters :S

FranzShester said Hello, first of all thanks for this awesome front end.. i was looking for a long time for something like this and i really love what you have done here.. today i purchased my license as a way to say thank you for this work :) Ok, as for the problem... it isn´t really a big problem.. but sometimes when I start Launchbox it doesn´t remeber the last window size (from the last season) of the app and it starts in a small window.. so i have to resize it again the way it was before.. this doesn´t happens every single time I start a new launchbox season.. but sometimes it does.. I really don´t know why... I use windows xp if this helps... i hope you can help me out with that :) greetings PS: another thing... when you have a premium license.. you get your name on the windows title.. my name has an accent (á).. so instead of my name i get some weird characters :S
This will happen to me once in a very blue moon. I suspect that it has to do with LB closing too fast, or not properly. Do you have a decent PC? LB can take a surprising amount of resources depending on how large your library is. If it sometimes relaunches how you want it, then it can't be a Windows problem per se, but it still could be. Open it, set it how you want then hit File > Exit. See if that saves the size? You could also try a new install and see if that works. Put the .exe in a new folder and see if it saves it then. As for the Accented a. Does your pc have the language pack that this particularly letter would be apart of? I don't think it would be a program issue, but I am unsure if Jason can set the available language characters. If you already have the proper language pack installed... then it could be a LB bug.

SentaiBrad said This will happen to me once in a very blue moon. I suspect that it has to do with LB closing too fast, or not properly. Do you have a decent PC? LB can take a surprising amount of resources depending on how large your library is. If it sometimes relaunches how you want it, then it can't be a Windows problem per se, but it still could be. Open it, set it how you want then hit File > Exit. See if that saves the size? You could also try a new install and see if that works. Put the .exe in a new folder and see if it saves it then.
That also happens to me 1 of 10 times .. but it happens.. maybe you are right.. I like to run launchbox automatic with windows.. so when i start the pc the app is already popped up and most of the time i really don´t close it... it does automatic when I shut down windows.. then your theory can be right :) .... but I really don´t want to hit FILE>Exit every time. My Laptop is also a bit old and using windows xp.. but that´s why i love this app.. it runs very fast and without problems (just this tiny one) even in my old machine :) as about the accent..im pretty sure it´s bug from the generation of the licence.xml file... I have the language pack installed.. and no matter which software I use to open this xml file.. i see the odd characters already there.. thanks for your response!

Hi Franz, welcome, and thank you very much for the purchase. :) Per the window sizing issue, I think Brad is probably right; it has to do with an improper shutdown. I'll look to see if there's anything I can do to fix that. Per your license name, that is good to know. It's possible that there's an issue in communicating the name via PayPal. If you would, tell me your real name, and I'll send you a proper license. Thanks, Jason

Thanks Jason, for this software and your support. i'll send you a PM with my info :)
SentaiBrad said You wont need to close it every single time. Windows should have that configuration saved so the next time you open it, how ever that is, it should open properly. If you never shut it down in a way that it can properly save the size config then that could be it.
I´m pretty sure I shut down windows in a proper way.. but as I said sometimes i have to deal with this tiny problem... most of the time not, maybe it just happens with windows xp i don´t know.. anyway.. it isn´t a big problem :S Thanks for your responses!

I have this exact same problem. Sometimes, but not always, the window size and position gets reset (window gets smaller and the position is the upper left side of the screen). It's the only program I use that this happens on -- that's kind of why it stands out and is annoying. I always shut down LB properly (i.e I don't force kill it and it never crashes :) But I'd say about every 5 to 10 launches of LaunchBox itself (not a game, but cold starting LaunchBox after shutting it down), the window is much smaller that I left it previously (like 800x600), and I either run it maximized (1920x1080) or sometimes not maximzed around 1500x900. It's just a source of minor friction when it happens, causing me to have to resize the window to my liking. But I wish it didn't happen :)