LaunchBox Community Forums

Game time tracking

CliveBarker

• 1 year later...

Wouldnt it be easy enough to have it work in tandem with the minimize launchbox option or the new startup and shutdown screens? Basically start a timer when launchbox minimizes and then stop it when it restores. Or time how long it takes between startup and shutdown screens. (or using the internal windows clock) I wish i knew a bit more coding because i would really like this feature. Even if it was semi broken. Maybe for the broken ones you could have a reset option or manual input to override it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, deadyourinstinct said:

Wouldnt it be easy enough to have it work in tandem with the minimize launchbox option or the new startup and shutdown screens? Basically start a timer when launchbox minimizes and then stop it when it restores. Or time how long it takes between startup and shutdown screens. (or using the internal windows clock) I wish i knew a bit more coding because i would really like this feature. Even if it was semi broken. Maybe for the broken ones you could have a reset option or manual input to override it. 

While technically that wouldn't be the best solution because of all the reasons already listed throughout the thread,  I would have no problems using this method.  90% of the time somebody is going to start the game and play it without switching games during the emulation.  It would be accurate for most of us. 

• 2 months later...

well adding  feature to manually change it would fix some of those kinds of problems. I almost never navigate through the emulator to get to another game. Launchbox works quickly enough that i can always just exit out and open up something else without any hassle. I think the only one i tend to do it with is ppsspp because when you hit exit it gives you a list of games in the directory (i know not the only one that does it).. but idk. just seems like moving around while inside of retroarch or whatever emu kind of defeats the purpose of launchbox.