LaunchBox Community Forums

80% of my Images directory has vanished, but all the artwork still shows-up in LaunchBox

CadetStimpy

I was attempting to add some downloaded artwork into a game sub-directory (under Images), but the appropriate directory wasn't there, even though I had just added the game (and downloaded whatever TheGamesDB had for it). Therefore, I can't replace the Front.jpg, as I don't have the correct directory to place it in. Frown I have about 300 games added to LaunchBox (the artwork for all of the games is there), but there are less than 50 sub-directories under Images. My Back-Up of LaunchBox has the more appropriate amount of 300+ sub-directories under Images. What the heck's goin' on? Confused Could some of the directory structure have moved itself???

Jason Carr said Hi Stimpy, with 5.0 the images were reorganized. The proper image folder paths should be something like this by default: LaunchBox\Images\[Platform]\[Type]\[Game Name].jpg For example: LaunchBox\Images\Nintendo Wii\Front\Sonic Colors.jpg Do they show up there?
Hey, Jason. Ah-ha! There they are. Thanks! So, now, instead of downloading my own Cover Art and calling it 'Front', and placing it in the sub-directory with the name of the game, I call it the name of the game, and place it in the Platform\Front directory, right? But, why didn't they all "go over"? About 40 of the games "stayed behind" under the old structure.

Hi Stimpy, in theory, all of the images that didn't move are no longer referenced by LaunchBox (and can be deleted). Usually these are due to old versions/copies of games. We have seen some odd scenarios pop up, however, due to glitches in older versions of LaunchBox. So try moving them out of the folder first, and then refresh your images.

Jason Carr said Hi Stimpy, in theory, all of the images that didn't move are no longer referenced by LaunchBox (and can be deleted). Usually these are due to old versions/copies of games. We have seen some odd scenarios pop up, however, due to glitches in older versions of LaunchBox. So try moving them out of the folder first, and then refresh your images.
Yup, everything is present and accounted for. Thanks, Jason! And now I know where to put the artwork I download. Laugh P.S. Did my Back-Up, too. Wink