LaunchBox Community Forums

Confessions (and Questions) of an Emulator Newbie

CadetStimpy

SentaiBrad said I also recently got the eXoDOS set... it was huge. It was however A LOT of DOS games... like 600GB worth.
600GB?!?! I don't really know how large these DOS game ROM's are, but using what I suspect is a generous figure of 500KB/ea, that would mean there are (using that size an the average) 1.2 million games! Am I missing something, or is that an insane number? Confused Surely my math is flawed, or I'm working with a false premise of game sizes, or there's additional content that isn't Game ROMs, or somethin'. Laugh

DOS games range from 250kb in the mid 80's to several hundred mb in the mid 90's and a lot of these have their disc images available. So game install + disc images. I've also pruned down a bit since I got the pack. Also, DOS games are not 1 single file... usually. They can range with as many files as a regular modern game. They're PC games more or less. Currently 4,739 games. I'm currently having Windows tell me how big it is, but there's a lot of files so I will in a bit.