LaunchBox Community Forums

Getting this error

DOS76

Keep getting this error on two different computers System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. at System.Threading.Thread.StartInternal(IPrincipal principal, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Threading.Thread.Start() at LaunchBox.GameControllerHandler.GetStatus(String guid, String name, Boolean useAutoHotkey, Int32 autoHotkeyHoldButton, Boolean useAllControllers) at LaunchBox.Program.TimerElapsed(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e) I think this has started happening since adding the autohotkey to close windows using buttons 7 and 8. If this is the same controller issue others were having with the 360 controller the AHK being set may be the cause. It is super annoying to because every time that you hit close the windows keeps popping up you have to go into Task Manager to kill it. It seems that report error button isn't doing anything either.

It looks like a memory leak bug, or just a memory bug with the controller? I actually have no clue... but I remember your systems have plenty of ram, did you kill the cache? What happens if you disable the controller support? Jason has been out today, he might be back later tonight but more than likely tomorrow and he should be able to pinpoint more accurately.

One of the two systems is 16GB and the other is 8GB the only thing I have done to these two lately was add the AutoHotKey in the options I'm going to disable it and see if it happens after that. If that is the issue I hope it can get fixed though I was pretty pleased with how that was working out.

Got this error today System.IO.IOException: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit() at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption) at LaunchBox.Data.Game.GetResourceFileFromFolder(String folder, Boolean imagesOnly) at LaunchBox.Controls.ImageGamesControl.GamesControl_MouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Hi @DOS76, that's interesting. If you look in Task Manager, how much RAM is LaunchBox using? How big is your library these days? It looks like those are two separate bugs. I'll review them both, but any more information you can give me on what you're doing when it happens that would help. :)

I think the first one occurs when you use the AHK outside of LaunchBox with a 360 controller it may be what was causing the other peoples issues once I disabled the AHK I no longer have that one popping up anymore. Today was the first time I saw the other issue. My library is huge around 19K but I have 16GB of RAM and I haven't really added many games recently so I don't know why it would be suddenly be popping up. It may never even happen again I just thought I'd let it be known.