LaunchBox Community Forums

Import ROMs from files: not whole filename imported?

sylandro

Sylandro, I'm not sure what the best way to address your issue is. For my games, LaunchBox had already transitioned the names to using colons. What I have tried doing for you is making it so that if it can't find the game with a given title, then it will try to repare the title (using the No-Intro style) from the ROM's filename. This has worked for me in the few cases where I trigger not finding a game I do have. Let me know how it works for you.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mathflair The problem is that I have a game with a dash instead of a colon in the latest no-intro inis, and Launchbox has the title with a colon. For example, this is in my ini: [1943 - The Battle of Midway] But on Launchbox it's represented as "1943: The Battle of Midway", so it doesn't update. I think a quick solution would be to replace the dashes in the ini title for a colon on runtime. PS: I see that you've implemented an "import from scraper" tab. Great!

@sylandro Here is a version of the tools that should work for you. I have made it so that title matching tries to use the actual filename to match against the ini when it can't match against the title. Based on what you described, this should fix your problem. Also, you could tell me if you like the new layout. I rewrote pretty much the whole program, though it still has all the old functionality and then some. I would love to get your feedback on the new version before I post it to the main thread. Thanks!

@mathflair It works as expected and looks cleaner! I'm really appreciating the Update Sort Title option. The only feedback (very minor) I can think of, is that the GUI could be better arranged so that all checkboxes are not in one column because there is a lot of wasted horizontal space, and that the Select Platforms option is somewhat hidden now. When it was displayed on top of the screen it was easier to notice before I hit the Scrape button.

@sylandro I agree that select platforms is a little hidden. I don't want to add it back to the main GUI, as in its new form (multiple-selection) it would be cumbersome. Instead, I promoted it to the top level of the menu and show the select platform dialog when the application loads. As for the checkboxes, I tried moving them into two columns, but I couldn't find a look I liked. Maybe I'm just missing some elegant way to do it, or maybe I'm too picky. Any more specific suggestions about a multi-column layour? Latest beta: https://www.launchbox-app.com/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-file-uploads/mathflair/2015/09/LaunchBoxTools-1.exe

I don't really have any suggestions, usually, GUIs need a lot of tweaking and fiddling until they look fine. I don't think the multi-column layout is too important, I think the software is pretty much ready to ship as it is :) By the way I've only tested the features that I use: Rename Titles, Filename Scraper and System Ini Scraper.

• 2 years later...
On 4/22/2015 at 11:41 AM, Jason Carr said:

Yes, I've added that to my to do list.

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but I was curious if this was ever implemented? I was trying to upload a rom-set today which consists of 2k+ homebrew/hack titles. Many are same game versions that cannot be distinguished after being uploaded without the information in the parentheses included. At 2k+ titles it is too much work to do it manually.

On 3/14/2018 at 7:59 PM, Dane said:

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but I was curious if this was ever implemented? I was trying to upload a rom-set today which consists of 2k+ homebrew/hack titles. Many are same game versions that cannot be distinguished after being uploaded without the information in the parentheses included. At 2k+ titles it is too much work to do it manually.

Actually, I just though of something. Silly me, but I have Bulk Rename Utility on my computer. I've always used it to rename music and shows. I can just select all the files and chose to delete the end parentheses and replace the first parentheses with a hyphen.