LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Alternatives for Windows XP?

Kriven

I recently acquired an older computer that I plan to use for older games instead of dealing with the headache of compatibility. But... I'll dearly miss my beloved LaunchBox. Does anybody know of any decent alternatives which are compatible with Win XP? Keep in mind that I'll be primarily using this computer for 95-XP games and not for emulators, so I don't need anything with a particularly heavy emphasis on emulation.

Sure, all versions before 5.0 were, but the wizards were broke in them. I think maybe 4.4 might work the best, because it still has the older versions of the imports. The only things that are broken for XP in that version are the MS-DOS installation wizard and the wizards to import and export games to zip packages. I'll email you a copy. :)

• 5 months later...
Scirocco-MRK1 said Could I possibly get a copy of 4.4 as well? I purchased the lifetime upgrade and find myself needing the older version. Go figure... :)
Unfortunately due to the change with the Metadata scraper, any version of LB before 5.8 we can not guarantee will work.

• 4 months later...
I too have an older computer that want to run Launch/Big Box. I have Windows XP SP3. I have bought the premium license already. It works well with my Windows 7 computer but would like to make use of an old computer laying around. How can I get a copy of your older versions? Thank you in advance!

Unfortunately, we won't supply an older version of LaunchBox. Besides major security concerns, we just simply can not provide support for that Operating System any longer. Everything has to move forward, and LaunchBox has a vastly better feature set now then it did even 4 months ago, let alone over a year ago now. Once Vista support is dropped from Microsoft, it will likely be dropped from us as well, so unfortunately it all has to happen eventually.

• 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...