LaunchBox Community Forums

Music and video libraries

Ujin

Nice I like to put in my feature request for comic book and ebook support. As you can see from another topic addressing launching videos from LaunchBox the comics look great in the app but actually adding the books one by one is tedious to say the least and there still isn't even data for them. If there was a tool that extracted the thumbnail from each file or extracted the first image of the archive (cbr and cbz files are a bunch of sequentially numbered images compressed together in a rar or zip and then the file extension is changed to cbr for rar and cbz for zip (explanation for anyone who doesn't know anything about digital comics)) this would at least get you the cover art for each file but it would be awesome if it generated metadata with it also.DarkHorse-LB.JPG

DOS76: Have you tried using Calibre for your comic book collection? It greatly resembles LaunchBox from a visual standpoint, and does feature batch importing and the ability to draw a cover from the first image in a .cbr/.cbz file.

I actually do use Calibre for my eBooks but I don't like how I have to actually import the files into the Calibre Library. My comic library is almost 2TB so I don't really want to duplicate it in Calibre as I have it backed up a few times already (I have the library duplicated with StableBit DrivePool on Window Home Server 2011 and have a single copy on my Server 2012 R2 Essentials and on the 10TB (2x5) backups for my bedroom PC) If Calibre had a feature like LaunchBox where I could choose to leave the files in their current location I would consider it but truthfully I find that Jason's program is more visually appealing the Calibre's UI (No disrespect to Calibre in anyway though it is a very nice piece of software for sure)

Kriven said DOS76: Have you tried using Calibre for your comic book collection? It greatly resembles LaunchBox from a visual standpoint, and does feature batch importing and the ability to draw a cover from the first image in a .cbr/.cbz file.
I personally use ComicRack.