LaunchBox Community Forums

ZSnes Problem

marky parky

I do hope this is the correct place to post this, I already did a search on the forums but had no luck finding an answer to my issue. My issue is to do with ZSnes, everything works great except when pressing Escape to quite, instead of going back to the Launchbox menu I get the emulator menu... Is there anyway to bypass the ZSnes menu when quitting a game? Thanks in advance.

marky parky said I do hope this is the correct place to post this, I already did a search on the forums but had no luck finding an answer to my issue. My issue is to do with ZSnes, everything works great except when pressing Escape to quite, instead of going back to the Launchbox menu I get the emulator menu... Is there anyway to bypass the ZSnes menu when quitting a game? Thanks in advance.
You could try Ctrl + F4, that is the general combination to quit many different applications. ZSnes doesn't, as far as I know, have a button that normally quits out. If you put it in windows mode you can press Esc and then the X button in the top right.

Thanks for your help SentaiBrad but I figured out the solution, I'll put it here for anyone having the same problem in the future. SOLUTION... Open up the "zsnesw.cfg" file in Notepad and keep scrolling down to the following lines... ; Quit ZSNES / Load Menu / Reset Game / Panic Key KeyQuickExit=29 KeyQuickLoad=0 KeyQuickRst=0 KeyResetAll=7 All you need to do is change the line "KeyQuickExit=29" to "KeyQuickExit=1", save and exit. Now when you press Escape you'll be taken back to Launchpad :)
  • Thanks 1

marky parky said Thanks for your help SentaiBrad but I figured out the solution, I'll put it here for anyone having the same problem in the future. SOLUTION... Open up the "zsnesw.cfg" file in Notepad and keep scrolling down to the following lines... ; Quit ZSNES / Load Menu / Reset Game / Panic Key KeyQuickExit=29 KeyQuickLoad=0 KeyQuickRst=0 KeyResetAll=7 All you need to do is change the line "KeyQuickExit=29" to "KeyQuickExit=1", save and exit. Now when you press Escape you'll be taken back to Launchpad :)
Well there you go. Just find the numbers that correlate to the buttons on your keyboard and I guess you can change that to which ever you want. Edit: This leads me to wonder... what does 29 correlate to?