LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing Full Collections (with local artwork)?

Retro Pimpz

Thanks, I know it would be better but my drives are near capacity ATM too, I need to get a couple more, lol. As for the speed thing I'm a bit old school so the mbps to MB/s conversion is almost natural to me.....wait...no..I'm stuck in the past really because I am thinking MB/s but they renamed it to MiB/s a while back, stupid I think, MB= 1,000kb and MiB= 1,024kb...anyway.

ps4isthefuture said Thanks, I know it would be better but my drives are near capacity ATM too, I need to get a couple more, lol. As for the speed thing I'm a bit old school so the mbps to MB/s conversion is almost natural to me.....wait...no..I'm stuck in the past really because I am thinking MB/s but they renamed it to MiB/s a while back, stupid I think, MB= 1,000kb and MiB= 1,024kb...anyway.
I learned of the distinction as mb/s and MB/s. MB was 1,000 and mb was 1,024. The one I use daily and the most is mb anyways. 1,024 MB in a GB, in a TB etc etc. That is why I think 8.1mb/s is more quantifiable than 40mbps.

Funny that they use that to sell HDDs so 1TB=1,000,000,000,000 bytes but your OS reads it as 1,000,168,484,864 bytes=931GB. But Ram is figured as 1GB = 1,024,000,000 bytes and your OS reads the 1,024,000,000 bytes as 1GB. Sorry it always bugged me, I remembered when I bought my first 300GB HDD and I looked on the computer after install thinking hey....where's the rest of it, lol. Before that my 20GB HDD was 20GB....sorry about the tangent.Wink

ps4isthefuture said Funny that they use that to sell HDDs so 1TB=1,000,000,000,000 bytes but your OS reads it as 1,000,168,484,864 bytes=931GB. But Ram is figured as 1GB = 1,024,000,000 bytes and your OS reads the 1,024,000,000 bytes as 1GB. Sorry it always bugged me, I remembered when I bought my first 300GB HDD and I looked on the computer after install thinking hey....where's the rest of it, lol. Before that my 20GB HDD was 20GB....sorry about the tangent.Wink
No, its totally a valid rant. my 4TB drive has almost 400GB missing. It's like 370GB short. It is annoying. Makes you feel like you're not getting all of what you paid for as it was marketed as 4TB, not 3.63TB. :P I get it.

SentaiBrad said No, its totally a valid rant. my 4TB drive has almost 400GB missing. It's like 370GB short. It is annoying. Makes you feel like you're not getting all of what you paid for as it was marketed as 4TB, not 3.63TB. :P I get it.
Well apparently it's based on decimal, well that's strange when did computers communicate other than in 1 or 0, well even the new super cooled quantum computer communicates in 1 or 0....but it can have a 1 and 0 in the same place....but it's still binary....I think, lol. Ok enough filling this post with so much off topic stuff I guess....I should start one up in the Monkeys maybeSmile 5AM here so going to bedFrown

Wish I could have jumped in on this conversation earlier. I haven't even read all the way through yet. I don't want to sound conceited or mean, but I am currently the only spokesperson for the direction of LaunchBox. I'm not good enough at communicating the state of things clearly or quickly enough for anyone else to have a good enough perspective there. Local scrapers are *still planned*. As a matter of fact, I keep re-evaluating how we're storing data, and keep trying to come up with a solution to this issue. It hasn't made it into LaunchBox as of yet because I feel like I haven't come up with a good solution that works for all types of games and/or platforms. Performance is also still an issue for ridiculously big libraries when saving, so the end solution needs to solve that problem as well.

Jason Carr said Wish I could have jumped in on this conversation earlier. I haven't even read all the way through yet. I don't want to sound conceited or mean, but I am currently the only spokesperson for the direction of LaunchBox. I'm not good enough at communicating the state of things clearly or quickly enough for anyone else to have a good enough perspective there. Local scrapers are *still planned*. As a matter of fact, I keep re-evaluating how we're storing data, and keep trying to come up with a solution to this issue. It hasn't made it into LaunchBox as of yet because I feel like I haven't come up with a good solution that works for all types of games and/or platforms. Performance is also still an issue for ridiculously big libraries when saving, so the end solution needs to solve that problem as well.
Jason, no worries. You were on vacation, if you never step back to relax, take a break, and enjoy your family and life....then you will miss it all. So never feel guilty when you go on vacation, just do it! huh....I sound like an 80's Nike commercailConfused

SentaiBrad said
ps4isthefuture said Thanks, I know it would be better but my drives are near capacity ATM too, I need to get a couple more, lol. As for the speed thing I'm a bit old school so the mbps to MB/s conversion is almost natural to me.....wait...no..I'm stuck in the past really because I am thinking MB/s but they renamed it to MiB/s a while back, stupid I think, MB= 1,000kb and MiB= 1,024kb...anyway.
I learned of the distinction as mb/s and MB/s. MB was 1,000 and mb was 1,024. The one I use daily and the most is mb anyways. 1,024 MB in a GB, in a TB etc etc. That is why I think 8.1mb/s is more quantifiable than 40mbps.
Your distinction is one of decimal vs binary. and bears no relation to the letter case or the number of bytes in a megabyte. "b" actually denotes a "bit" whereas B denotes a byte.

Duckeenie said
SentaiBrad said
Your distinction is one of decimal vs binary. and bears no relation to the letter case or the number of bytes in a megabyte. "b" actually denotes a "bit" whereas B denotes a byte.
Wait... it does bear relation to the case. b vs B. I might have them backwards... but they're just a quick denotation right?

SentaiBrad said
Duckeenie said
SentaiBrad said
Wait... it does bear relation to the case. b vs B. I might have them backwards... but they're just a quick denotation right?
Right! You're so sexy when you're angry bro.

Duckeenie said
SentaiBrad said
Duckeenie said
SentaiBrad said
Right! You're so sexy when you're angry bro.
Sexy I get. But... angry? I'm not angry. o,O;;