LaunchBox Community Forums

New feature suggestions

keops

Hi. I like your LaunchBox app. I have two suggestions for now: 1. Make an option to arrange the order of the titles freely. The alphabetical sorting has some bugs, for example: it puts 10 before 2, and has problems arranging roman numerals too. 2. Create a separate database for movies. I already use the platform category to do that, but creating specialized fields for movies would make it a lot better. That's all for now, thank you for the app and keep up the good work! Wink

keops said Hi. I like your LaunchBox app. I have two suggestions for now: 1. Make an option to arrange the order of the titles freely. The alphabetical sorting has some bugs, for example: it puts 10 before 2, and has problems arranging roman numerals too.
This is the option built-in for alphabetical order at the current time: title-sorting-1.pngtitle-sorting-2.png

There is an "interesting" algorithm in there that is used when sorting, and it definitely needs tweaked. I keep trying to fix it, only to fix some things but end up causing other issues. I probably just need to revert it all to the defaults and rely more on the Sort Title.