LaunchBox Community Forums

Passing command line arguments to core in Retroarch [Not LB related]

marcelo.magri

Guys, I know this will probably sound greatly stupid, but I couldn't figure it out by myself after lots of research, so... EmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassed Does anyone know (and could explain) how can I pass arguments to the core in Retroarch? I mean, let's assume I'm running a MAME game from command line - how can I pass, let's say, the -skip_gameinfo argument to the mame_libretro core? Thanks in advance for any help Wink

marcelo.magri said Guys, I know this will probably sound greatly stupid, but I couldn't figure it out by myself after lots of research, so... EmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassed Does anyone know (and could explain) how can I pass arguments to the core in Retroarch? I mean, let's assume I'm running a MAME game from command line - how can I pass, let's say, the -skip_gameinfo argument to the mame_libretro core? Thanks in advance for any help Wink
You're trying to give RetroArch arguments out side of LB? Inside of LB might be easier. To achieve this in LB, Tools -> Edit Emulators. Find the RetroArch entry and edit it. Take any entry you want, for example: http://i.imgur.com/QQc6KNN.png In the default command line field, add your argument after -L "cores\mednafen_psx_libretro.dll". So -L "cores\mednafen_psx_libretro.dll" -skip_gameinfo. Not that it works with Playstation, its just an example. That should be all you need. There is a Default Command Line Parameters path in the middle of the dialogue box, but its for the entire emulator, not each core. Exe's can accept command line arguments usually, if they have specific ones set but this would be the equivalent of setting a command line for the whole program and not the core. Hope this helps.

marcelo.magri said Thank you. Will give that a try, although what I was trying to do is through command line executing Retroarch.
I meant to hit quote and hit thanks... that would make no sense. xD And if you are trying to give a specific core arguments, the program its self doesn't need them. It would try to apply that argument to the entire program, not just the core that will utilize it. If they even do.