LaunchBox Community Forums

Duplicate games and Video snap location.

Mute64

Hey all, My LaunchBox setup is coming along realy well just need a little help on these two matters, cheers. How do i remove duplicate games? Also i want to start adding video snaps for my collection but i do not want them stored on my C drive because there is limited space, so how would i bulk add video snaps of the games i currently have but have the videos save to a different drive ? I know one way of doing this but if launchbox has its own method i would rather do it that way. In the mean time ill look over launchbox and see if i can work it out myself, maybe change the directory of my video snaps if i can find that option. Edit: ill probably end up using this method to solve my video snap directory problem . http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/nifty-way-safely-move-folders-or-programs-another-drive-or-partition-windows-7.htm

Dam that sucks, might have a google and see if i can find a separate program that can remove my dupes. Other wise yea ill be doing it manually. Had to force the Atari 2600 to allow dupes because otherwise i get that " 0 Games imported issue " and from what ive read to fix that you need to delete your launchbox.xml file but that would then mean i would need to add all my other systems back, or you can accept dupes in your system which i choose over the other method.

Mute64, to be honest I have yet to see a situation where anyone truly needs to restart their library from scratch. Have you checked to make sure games aren't hidden, or without a platform, or similar? There are several different ways to hide games now. The only reason why games wouldn't re-import is if they're already there somehow, or if we have a glitch that I haven't heard about, but I doubt that at this point. If we do, we definitely need to research it and get it fixed.

Ok i think i know what my issue was. I remember awhile ago i added the Atari 2600 to launchbox but for some reason i decided to remove the system thinking it would also remove the games for that system but i geuss it doesn't do that, so when i went to add the roms again it said 0 impported. So whats the best way to delete games and a system from launchbox? EDIT: Google to the rescue again https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/troubleshooting/im-trying-to-figure-out-how-to-remove-a-platform-that-i-added

Jason Carr said Also, if you have an FTP account you might find it quicker to download an entire system's videos that way, for example. That might get them to you quicker.
Yea i will have to look into that. At the moment im updating my library system by system with video snaps, i was hoping i could just select all my games and have it download over night/while im at work, but unfortunately for some reason that wouldn't work, ill have too look into what happens/why it doesn't seam to work.