LaunchBox Community Forums

Win 10 Issues?

Mute64

My main Rig is running windows 10 and i rather like it, but my Launchbox machine is running Win 8.1, i have not yet updated it since i have herd that Win 10 can have issues with a few emulators..... but on the 29th on January the Xbox One chatpad ( http://games.highdefdigest.com/uploads/jb/xbox_one_chatpad_full.jpg ) that is compatible with PC is released but you need Win 10 to use it and i really want to have that chat pad as an ad-on to my Xbox One controllers since you have soooo many more buttons you can utilize to make emulation much easier.... but yea like i said i would need to update to windows 10. So who here has done the shift on there LaunchBox/Emulation setup, and what issues have you came across with your emulators and win 10?

I've been using Windows 10 since the first beta and had switched all of my machines over too it by about May of last year. I don't have any issues with any emulators and I'm running it on everything from Core i7 4770 with 16GB of RAM down to tablets and stick PC's with Atoms and a measly 1GB of memory of course the smaller machines are limited to what they can emulate by their specs but not by Windows 10. List of working emulators I use 3DO = 4DO Atari 2600 = Stella Atari 5200 = KAT5200 Atari 7800 = ProSystem Atari Jaguar = Virtual Jaguar Atari Lynx = Handy Bandia Wonderswan + Wonderswan color = OSwan CPS1 CPS2 NeoGeo = Kawaks CPS3 = CPS3 Colecovision = ColEm Crystal System = Crystal Emerson Arcadia = WinArcadia Galeco, Hikaru, Naomi, Naomi 2, Sammy Atomiswave and DreamCast = Demul (with NullDC for DreamCast working too) Magnavox Odyssey 2 = O2EM NEC PC Engine, TurboGrafx 16 and SuperGrafx = MagicEngine NEC PC Engine CD and TurboGrafx CD = TurboEngine (I can't get MagicEngine to work with the CD games because Windows 10 doesn't work with scsi drives in Daemon Tools) NeoGeo Pocket/Pocket Color = NeoPop Nintendo 64 = Project64 2.2 (Run in compatibility mode if not it used to bluescreen your computer when you loaded a game) Nintendo DS = DeSmuMe NES and Famicom Disk System = Virtua NES Game Boy (all 3 flavors) = VBA Nintendo GameCube and Wii = Dolphin (5.0 release client build) Nintendo Virtual Boy = VBJin Sega 32X/CD/SG1000/Master System/Genesis/Game Gear/Pico = Kega Fusion (Gens+ for CD games with double disks) Sega Model 2 = Sega Model 2 Emulator (great work on coming up with a name for this one guys but it works excellent) Sega Model 3 = SuperModel Sega Saturn = SSF (various builds in order to play the maximum amount of games) (Also you can't update to the latest version of DaemonTools as it no longer gives you a drive letter and then SSF no longer recognizes that you have DT) Sony Playstation = ESPXe Sony Playstation 2 = PCSX2 Sony PSP = PPSSPP SNES = Snes9x-sx2 I've also just started experimenting with RetroArch but haven't gotten past having it load a few SNES and Game Boy games So as you can see I don't have any issues with emulation on Windows 10. I even have LaunchBox setup to launch my XBox One app and then use the streaming feature to play my XBox on my PC's.

Ok soo im all updated now and have moved all my controller configurations to the Xbox One in preparation for the launch of the chatpad on the 29th........ buuuuttt unfortunately kodi (my main frontend ) has not got full 100% official support. .. so that makes things a little hard.... for now..... theres always away to work around these things. But yea emulation wise everything seams to be fine so far :)

DOS76 said I even have LaunchBox setup to launch my XBox One app and then use the streaming feature to play my XBox on my PC's.
Would you mind telling how you pulled this off? I looked for an EXE or something to point to to do this, but I didn't get very far. This is something that I think would be super rad... ***EDIT*** Sorry for mucking up the internet with redundant info. Looks like you were already kind enough to put this out there: https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/monkeys/launching-xbox-one-app-from-launchbox Thanks!