LaunchBox Community Forums

My very selfish LaunchBox ideas

PattersonCZ

Hi Jason, First of all, thank you for superb piece of software. I already buy Premium to support you and tell my friends about Launchbox. (I hope they find it very good as me and buy Premium as well.) For my suggestions (some are here already but i want you see it that how many people demand it : 1, It is BIG one. Yes i want Launchbox support movies and tv series and scrapping from thetvdb etc. (i decided that i will buy Premium again if that function exist, so this was a little motivation) 1a, Support status of unwatched episodes, movies (very far future i presume ) 2, Ability to hide some elements from Game Details like Portable, Last Played , Play Count. 3, Ability to read my PSN or Xbox Account and maybe trophies and achiewments support. 4, Some sort of plugin support. (People are very creative ) I think thats all. I know that things arent easy but i am very patient and Launchbox is best of collection software i try out. Pic where i try make an Anime list.

Welcome and thank you. Hiding details from the side bar is on the list as far as I know. So... the only thing from this list that probably wont ever make it because it's a lot harder than someone might think is PSN and Xbox support. Not to mention, LaunchBox has nothing to do with either service anyways... so adding Trophy / Achievement reading seems out of place. What I use for Sony systems is http://psnprofiles.com/SentaiBlue That site is awesome for PSN Trophies.

Welcome @PattersonCZ, thanks for the purchase. :) #1 is definitely coming, but it's admittedly quite a ways off. #2 should be happening sooner rather than later. It's pretty high up on the list. #3, unfortunately, like Brad said, is probably never going to happen. There are a million things that would make it unfortunately pretty close to impossible. #4 is coming as well, probably sooner than #1. Thanks!

SentaiBrad and Jason Thank you for quick answer. Too bad about my number 3 idea but i can live with that. But iam lookin forward for other features i mentioned.
SentaiBrad said Also, if you like Accel World you should watch Sword Art Online and Btooom! Both really good.
Thanks for suggestions i watched both just my anime list is still work in progress too many work combined with my natural lazziness (have too many titles and i still trying different aproaches how implement my anime list to Launchbox)

Maybe in the future LaunchBox could partner (it would probably spread the focus too thin for Jason to actually be responsible for designing all of this..) with a social network which focuses on uniting an individual's entertainment profiles (Steam, PSN, XBL, etc.). I'm thinking something like Goodreads mixed with Backloggery. A place which can monitor various profiles for achievements, trophies, similar unlocks, and where users can share their opinions of games and movies and books, as well as recommend titles to friends or view a person's library. If this fantastical site were to be created, I can imagine users could easily use LaunchBox to synchronize their current library with the website (like Goodreads can with Calibre) and update their reviews directly from within LaunchBox itself. Now I wish I knew how to make a social network...

Nathan DiYorio said Maybe in the future LaunchBox could partner (it would probably spread the focus too thin for Jason to actually be responsible for designing all of this..) with a social network which focuses on uniting an individual's entertainment profiles (Steam, PSN, XBL, etc.). I'm thinking something like Goodreads mixed with Backloggery. A place which can monitor various profiles for achievements, trophies, similar unlocks, and where users can share their opinions of games and movies and books, as well as recommend titles to friends or view a person's library. If this fantastical site were to be created, I can imagine users could easily use LaunchBox to synchronize their current library with the website (like Goodreads can with Calibre) and update their reviews directly from within LaunchBox itself. Now I wish I knew how to make a social network...
Just don't become like Zuckerkerg