LaunchBox Community Forums

MP4 files not working.

CrystalForce

If no MP4 file is playing at all in WMP then you might want to reinstall a codec pack. Get K-Lite Standard from their website and run it. The beauty of this one, when it gets to the end if it finds any issues or problems with codecs it will pop up and say so. You'll want to hit Ok so that K-Lite can try and fix them or replace them. Try this because WMP can play .mp4 files, it can even play .mkv files given the right codecs are installed.

SentaiBrad said Out of curiosity the Standard installer should have also installed Media Player Classic assuming you left the settings alone, do videos play in there with just sound? That would eliminate if its an issue with WMP or Codec Based. Do video's now work in LB?
Media Player Classic plays MP4s just fine. However, Big Box doesn't play anything when I give it that same MP4 file. (Note that when this video doesn't play, none of my other videos [working WMV files] play either.)

Jason Carr said Hi @CrystalForce, what version of Windows are you running? Are you certain Windows Media Player is installed (not Media Player Classic or Win10's default media player)?
Sorry for the late reply, but I'm running Windows 7, and I can assure you that Windows Media Player 12 is installed on my PC. It plays mostly everything (with codecs) except for mp4 files and some .avi files.