LaunchBox Community Forums

Alternative program to especific rom/iso

sagaopc

When you emulate games like Super Mario Galaxy and Sonic Colors, sometimes you need a especific/diferent Build/configuration. But in Launchbox, you can't use more than one emulator in the category (like Gamecube). Ex: you used build 4.0.2, but had a game who only works in an especific build, like 3.0. In Adv Launcher, used in Kodi/XBMC, you can clickin the menu context (C button), choose advanced modifications and choose alternative aplication to the rom/iso. http://i.imgur.com/pJ2FNYt.png

Hi sagaopc. When you say Category (GameCube) do you mean Platform (GameCube)? If you are talking about using more than one emulator or more than one version of an emulator with a platform so that some games use one emulator and other games use a different emulator, this can be done in LaunchBox as long as none of the emulators are given default status. I use 2 emulators with my PlayStation platform. Most games are set to run under ePSXe, but a handful use pSXfin (mainly due to in-game music issues if emulated with ePSXe). And with my Arcade platform I use 4 emulators: Mame, Kawaks, Zinc and Dice.

I normally go for dedicated as well, not to mention RA is kind of a jerk to set up. You need BIOS named very specifically for some cores, but its really handy to have it autodetect my PS4 controller (it thinks its a 360 pad) for every core, and combine everything. It just makes some things easier. I used to be really picky about what core I used there, but as of the 1.2 update, everything got a lot better.