LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Big Box videos not working on my new Media PC

samfisher5986

Not to mention, if we were to pack in codecs we would need to make 100% sure its license allowed LaunchBox to redistribute it or it would be illegal. Also, if we installed a codec that users have an updated version to? That would also cause issues. I do admit that what I suggested is a solution to a very small problem right now, the method behind my madness however is that if Windows decides to move away from WMP being packed in for future releases then it'd be a fairly big problem unless we already found a way around it.

Jason Carr said Unfortunately only implementing a single codec means massive compatibility issues. If we did that, we'd have angry people left and right, so that's not really an option. As it stands, the vast majority of people have no problem playing their videos (or are able to solve the problem relatively easily).
Perhaps a solution would be to implement your own codec and but have the failsafe of the current method. The current method works fine though I'm more thinking if having your own implementation would have added benefits. Also I have a suggestion for the video feature and didn't want to crowd the subforum. What do you think about being able to press the right arrow and then enter to view a video full screen? Or maybe the tab button? or perhaps a button that enlarges the video to take up the entire right hand side of the screen but allows you to continue scrolling? Also I noticed that the video starts from the start again if you view it in full screen, is it possible to have it continue on from the point the small version was at? Thanks