LaunchBox Community Forums

Rocketlauncher + WinUAE + Launchbox

polygonslayer

Hey experts :) I've been experimenting with getting Amiga games into Launchbox. I got them all set up and working perfectly in RocketLauncher (WHD collection), but when I add them to Launchbox I get the following error in AmigaDOS: "Unknown Command runme.exe" I got WinUAE set up exactly like all my other emulators; -p LaunchBox -f "C:\Users\*****\LaunchBox\LaunchBox.exe" -s "Commodore Amiga" -r but for some reason it doesn't seem to work with either WinUAE or WHD games? Since it's showing an exe file in AmigaDOS I presume something is going wrong with sending the command from Launchbox? maybe regarding the zip file? Just not sure and I've searched everywhere for a solution :/ I suppose I could set it up to launch just from Launchbox, but I would really like for it to work with RocketLauncher as well. Any help would be great, cheers! :)

That command looks wrong to me. Shouldn't it start with the associated platform? For instance: Super Nintendo -p LaunchBox -f "H:\LaunchBox\LaunchBox.exe" -s "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" -r I also notice that Commodore Amiga seems to be missing from the Platforms list in LaunchBox. Maybe it hasn't gotten there yet, and this is messing up the command. Does AmigaDOS emulate any other commodore system? If so, maybe try setting that up if its already listed as a platform in Launchbox.

The command is the same setup as with all the other emulators (which work). The platform at the start is already present in the list so shouldn't be that :/ There was Amiga already present on the list, I just renamed it in LB to Commodore Amiga. Really weird that it's working on every other system I got set up, but for some reason WinUAE doesn't like it set up like this in LB even though it works perfectly launching from Rocketlauncher :/ Could be more of a Rocketlauncher thing, wonder if it happens if I had another frontend send the command :/ EDIT: Ok, I've discovered something. By giving a test game a custom command-line parameter including the file name it works... so like this: -p LaunchBox -f "C:\Users\Erlend\LaunchBox\LaunchBox.exe" -s "Commodore Amiga" -r "Battleships_v1.0" but it would be a bit of a pain to have to do this to every game... Could it be that the -r command to send the file name for some reason has problems with the way the rom/zip files are named in the WHD set? :/ Although that sounds a bit weird as well.

• 1 year later...

I am using winuae and I am using rocketlauncher as my emulator in LB. Only some games launch, some games require the rom name in the command line to launch which will be very painful to do for all games, I don’t have a spare week. All games launch fine directly in rocketlauncher, weird. As @polygonslayer suggested maybe LB doesn’t like some of the rom names. Some games launch with the standard command line and some require “romname” after -r as per the above post.

Ok, so I've tested a handful of games in my LB and they all seem to work.
I really don't remember what I did haha

My LB Amiga default commandline is: 

-f "C:\Users\*****\LaunchBox\LaunchBox.exe" -p RocketLauncherUI -s "Commodore Amiga" -r

Do you have any specific games that don't work that I can try?