LaunchBox Community Forums

Game Manuals

Talantyyr

Awesome! Thanks Jason! I really love launchbox (bigbox mode ftw!) and how you're listening to the community! Take your time, i'll wait :) Great news you're integrating emumovies, i'm using the gameplay videos from my arcade cab right now but added a lot of games i don't have on the cab, this'll really save me a lot of time fiddling with the hyperspin tools ^^

Hi @mathflair, EmuMovies requires you to pay for a subscription for the movies themselves. However, my understanding is that the artwork, at least, is free. I do believe you have to go register on the site though before you'll be able to download anything, even with the API; you'll have to enter your login credentials into LaunchBox in order to use it.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Jason! I've just got myself a emumovies subscription and started downloading stuff. They have a lot of manuals! <3 When i click the "View Manual" Button, it's opened with the system pdf viewer. Do you plan adding a pdf viewer to bigbox? it'd be awesome to control it with a joypad :)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
10 minutes ago, Mattm16 said:

I have an account with EMUMovies,

Is it a paid premium account? That is needed for videos, music and manuals. If you do have the paid subscription then its possible they just dont have manuals for your specific games, or your games are named poorly and cant be matched by emumovies.

Just now, Mattm16 said:

I just paid for the premium account.  Do I have to re import the games now to test it?  Or is there an option to just download all the manuals for the games?

No, you can highlite the games then go to tools/download metadata and media, uncheck all the options except for manuals to just grab the manuals.