LaunchBox Community Forums

List all games alphabetically?

nathanddrews

When using LaunchBox, I can easily select the "All" filter under "Platform" to view exactly that, but when in Big Box mode, I can't figure out how to view all games in one giant list. Am I just missing it or is the feature not in Big Box? Bonus points if games that begin with "the" and other articles can also be alphabetized properly. ;-) Here's a photo of my WIP setup. I would love a list like this where the system image (NES) at the top left changes as you go down the list. Is that possible?

I never use the all filter so I opened BigBox and I don't see anyway to access the all feature which kind of makes sense since the images of the game boxes, videos, fanart, etc. and the coinciding systems is what BigBox was all about. I would love to see the small Alphabetical (including what you described) issues get worked out not that it is a big deal but because it just bugs me when I know that things aren't listed correctly sometimes. However its not that big of a deal especially knowing that Jason has been busy on much more important tweaks namely LaunchBoxes incredible new MAME features making small issues like this seem like a more than fair trade off in the users favor. This combined with the fact that I just added 3800 plus new arcade ROMs (bringing me to a grand total of 17803 total games) and LaunchBox is still lightning fast after the performance tweaks that have been implemented recently means even though there are somethings left on the infinitely expanding to do list major work is being put into this program daily. Your last item you mean like a slideshow with intervals (either based on time or a specific amount of games that have been scrolled through) were the image would change to different Nintendo Logos maybe a Famicom logo and so on, that I don't think is currently possible and would probably take some effort to implement.

DOS76 said I never use the all filter so I opened BigBox and I don't see anyway to access the all feature... *snip* ... (bringing me to a grand total of 17803 total games)...
You and I have very different goals. If I had as many games as you, I wouldn't want to see them all together either! :D My collection is limited to about 150 games. For me, it makes more sense to see everything at once.
DOS76 said Your last item you mean like a slideshow with intervals (either based on time or a specific amount of games that have been scrolled through) were the image would change to different Nintendo Logos maybe a Famicom logo and so on, that I don't think is currently possible and would probably take some effort to implement.
I think you misunderstood. As I go down the list of ALL games, I'd like the NES logo in the top left to change to the Genesis logo when I highlight a Genesis game, SNES when I highlight an SNES game, and so on, just like the text/video/sound/images change on the right side. It would change based upon the game that is highlighted. It's a "nice to have" feature, but only in the context of an ALL games list option being available.

Yeah I see what you mean now you would want to see different logos for your platforms in an all category. Possible for the list of games you could reimport all of your games using the force duplicates and put them in a custom platform that you name All. Choose to use the files in the locations that they already are located and you wouldn't need to have duplicate files and that would allow BigBox to display them together. Of course this solution wouldn't help you with the platform images but it would get you an all list. Add the roms from one platform at a time and make sure you choose the appropriate emulator when using the wizard. Since it is only around 150 games that should be very manageable.

Jason Carr said @nathanddrews, that is an oversight that I never went back to add. You're right, there is currently no way to view all your games at once. I do have it on my list but I'll see if I can bump it up. :)
If it's already on the list, that's good enough for me. It's not high priority.

• 9 months later...