LaunchBox Community Forums

No Box Art found for MS-DOS games?

dmaker

I just imported my GOG collection, but not box art was found for any games. The correct game was identified as the details and descriptions are correct, but no box art for any games, and only 3 games found a single snapshot. These are all MS-DOS RPGs from GoG. Stuff like Darklands, alll the gold box games, Menzobarranzan, Dark Sun, Arena, Daggerfall, Eye of the Beholder, etc. Is it not unusual that no box art was found for these classic games?

It is, because I have all those games with images too. Restart Lb just to make sure and check that they don't have images now. If not, click a game, Ctrl + A to highlight them all, then under tools use the Download Metadata and Images option. Make sure to select to Only download missing metadata and see if it finds images now.

SentaiBrad said The Platform is MS-DOS and not GOG right? Not that it should matter if they're already linked to a Database entry... which is the strange part. I'll pass this on to Jason. If they're linked to a DB entry and not downloading images that's bad.
The platform is MS-DOS, yes. I imported them and just pointed them to my GoG folder. That is just what I call the folder, since that is where I extract all my GoG purchases to. They imported fine, with details and descriptions and stuff, and they launch fine, but zero box art at all.

Just tried this on my htpc and it worked much better. About 80% of the games pulled down box art, etc. For some reason, my laptop behaved differently. I don't care too much as I just ordered a new MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G :) Skylake proc, 32 GB RAM, GTX 980M 8GB, PCI-e RAID SSD (2x128GB), G-sync monitor... Should be fun to play with!

Sounds nice is it DDR3 or DDR4? I built two new PC's over the Christmas holiday using the Intel Core i5 6500 and two different Asus boards one with DDR3 and one with DDR4 but I don't really see any difference between them they are both rock solid and they run so cool it is unbelievable

DDR 4/2133 32GB is overkill for most gamers, but I am a network engineer and I run network modelling software like Cisco VIRL and the more memory and cpu, the better for things like that and for virtualization in general. Here's a link to my new baby :) https://www.msi.com/Notebook/GT72S-6QE-Dominator-Pro-G.html#hero-overview On a side note, if anyone is in my neck of the woods and wants a good deal on a MSI GT70, I'll be selling one. I'd let it go for $1,000 CDN I can include the Windows 10 Pro CD Key if needed. Intel Corei7-3630QM 16 GB RAM Geforce GTX 660M 256 GB SSD RAID 0 ( 2 x 128GB msata) 750 GB 7200 RPM storage drive. 17 inch monitor..