LaunchBox Community Forums

Jump to title by typing first letter

Dormat

Without a grid view in big box mode, I often find myself in desktop mode. Even when there are only a few pages to scroll through, I find myself instinctively pressing the first letter of the game to jump down (I still do it thinking it will just magically start working). For instance, I want to Press the S key and auto-select the first title beginning with S. If I press S again, it cycles to the next S title.
  • Like 1

That does sound like a great feature for someone using a keyboard. But for someone like myself who is planning on putting LB Big Box as my frontend on my arcade cabinet and who would be using a joystick and not a keyboard, a nice feature in BB mode would be able to press right or left with the joystick on the game selection screen to jump letters in the alphabet to get to the game you want to play rather than scrolling all the way down the list. For instance if I wanted to play a game on the Sega Genesis that started with a S, instead of scrolling all the way down to get to the S's I could just press right to jump letters in the alphabet until I got to the S games or press left to go backwards in the alphabet. BTW: I have just upgraded to premium and I have been enjoying it so much and wanted to say thanks for all the work you have put into this awesome program!

I combined my and kmoney's request and created an enhancement request. https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/366/jump-to-letter EDIT: Oops, looks like it's a duplicate... https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/361/being-able-to-jump-game-title-letters-in