LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBoxPCSX2, an in-between launcher for LaunchBox and PCSX2

XoRRoX

@timekills 

I added some basic logging to see what command-line parameters are passed; you can download v0.03c in the first post.
You can either use the new included LaunchBoxPCSX2.ini and change the debug option from false to true or copy & paste the section below to your existing ini-file.

[Other]

; Toggle debug messages being written to My Documents\LaunchBoxPCSX2_Log.txt (0 / false = off, 1 / true = on)

Debug=true

After that, start a game as normal. A file named LaunchBoxPCSX2_Log.txt will be created in your default Windows Documents folder. After that you can post the file here again.

Don't forget to turn off the option again after you're finished debugging ;)

Edited by XoRRoX
added reference to updated file.

@timekills

Hmm, that log is not really helpful, is it? ;)
According to the RL error msg, I suspect RL doing something 'intelligent' other than just starting any exe, as the ahk_class wxWindowNR is one of the PCSX2 windows.

But, I extended the logging to show everything passed now. You can overwrite your current LaunchBoxPCSX2.exe with the one from the updated package in the 1st post.

Could delete the current log, have another go and post the log again? :)

Edited by XoRRoX

@timekills

Did some more investigations. I installed RocketLauncher and set up LaunchBoxPCSX2 with the PCSX2 module. I enabled RL's debug function and it wrote:

[code]

20:38:51:329 | RL |      INFO  | +N/A   | Main - RocketLauncher v1.1.1.1 (www.rlauncher.com)

20:38:51:329 | RL |   WARNING  | +0     | Main - Logging level is debug or higher and will cause slowdowns to RocketLauncher's performance. When troubleshooting is finished, please lower logging level to restore proper performance.

D:\Games\Emu\PS2\PCSX2>LaunchBoxPCSX2.exe "G:\Games\Emu\Roms\PS2\Okami\Okami.iso"  --fullscreen --cfgpath="G:\Games\Emu\Sony\PS2\PCSX2\Game Configs\Okami"  1>"G:\Games\Front-Ends\RocketLauncher\command_1_output.log" 2>"G:\Games\Front-Ends\RocketLauncher\command_1_error.log"

This confirms what I already suspected, also from the first log you posted - RL doesn't specify the game-file as the last item. I have to look further into it to see if something can be done to make it work, either in RL or that I have to change something in LaunchBoxPCSX2. I'll get back later.

Edited by XoRRoX
Removed excess empty lines from code.. At least I tried ;)
  • Like 2

@timekills

I uploaded an updated version which automatically scans all passed parameters to see if its the game-file, making it position independent. This way it will also work with RocketLauncher.

I had a quick go with RL but could you please test it with your setup?

• Like 1

@timekills

I uploaded an updated version which automatically scans all passed parameters to see if its the game-file, making it position independent. This way it will also work with RocketLauncher.

I had a quick go with RL but could you please test it with your setup?

Sure will, when I get back later today.

Do you want logs from both applications, or just yours?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Cool B|
If you like, let me know your thoughts on using it. I really have to upgrade a few things but wasn't able to finish yet in the little spare time I had the recent period :) But, also according to feedback, I can see what I can do in the future.

Edited by XoRRoX

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, itsmeblake said:

I have everything mapped to Xbox One Controllers. I don't understand the need for this tool. What game is this useful for?

LaunchBoxPCSX2 features per-game configuration (optional per game) and PCSX2 save-states and quiting the emu by pressing a combination of joystick buttons.

9 hours ago, Charco said:

Can we not quit PCSX2 using Start + Select, like in other emulators?

Yes, if you have the premium version of LaunchBox. Although it's not its main purpose (I just put it in 'cause I don't have premium).

LaunchBoxPCSX2's main purpose is on-demand per-game configuration of PCSX2 settings and save-states by joystick.

7 minutes ago, itsmeblake said:

I still don't understand. If I have the buttons mapped to a controller, why would I ever need to change them for a specific game/title? Why not simply change them within the game itself? Can someone maybe provide an example?

Certain systems have more controls than can be effectively emulated by standard xbox/PS controllers (Wii is one that comes to mind.) The buttons that are used by the original system for one game might not be the same buttons used by the system for another game, especially when emulating motion controls.

For "traditional" controlled games, usually once you set the buttons per system, those settings will work well across games on that system, so your point is often correct. But not always.

Edited by timekills

2 hours ago, timekills said:

Certain systems have more controls than can be effectively emulated by standard xbox/PS controllers (Wii is one that comes to mind.) The buttons that are used by the original system for one game might not be the same buttons used by the system for another game, especially when emulating motion controls.

For "traditional" controlled games, usually once you set the buttons per system, those settings will work well across games on that system, so your point is often correct. But not always.

I have over 600 PS2 titles and never come across the need for this. I'm not trying to be a jerk, just want to know if this can help to improve my experience.

What I do have need for is the ability to save video settings for certain games. I've yet to find a need to change button mapping for a single game.

I have over 600 PS2 titles and never come across the need for this. I'm not trying to be a jerk, just want to know if this can help to improve my experience.

What I do have need for is the ability to save video settings for certain games. I've yet to find a need to change button mapping for a single game.

I explained a use case. I've found many ways to save video and controller settings. You may not be trying to be difficult, but you should understand others may have different needs.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk