LaunchBox Community Forums

Need help - database not finding games

MazJohn [Mr Arcade]

I clicked on "manage platforms" then deleted genesis. - then I attempted to re-find and add all the games. The database shows the list of all games that will be added, but when i confirm to add, it shows ZERO games added. I tried deleted and re-adding the platform (import new roms) but Launch-box continues to not find anything. Is there a way to clear the database section after a platform is deleted? I have icons all over the place even though the platform was deleted- its my guess the database XML is apparently holding on to the deleted files, and I cannot re-add the collection. AM i doing something wrong? Appreciate any help- I recently purchased the Premium version but am struggling. I already have put in lots of work with multiple platforms and dread having to start from scratch. Regards... and thanks for this nice application... I really like it otherwise than the above issue!!!

Except this will leave duplicates in the XML. The XML might be a tad broken, hence it thinks there are games so it wont import them again. If you are comfortable with XML editing it might be worth taking a look inside of it and see if any of your Genesis games are in there. Notepad++ works wonders with Ctrl + F. I've also had importing issues and oddities with LB, there might be a bug going around. Are you on the latest Beta or Stable release?

I'm on the latest official release V5.5- thanks for the tips ... When i look at the XML there are *many* entries that would have to be removed.... afraid it would take hours and be tedious to edit the XML to say the least. The XML entries are not by platform neither so I could not simply highlight and delete.... In the future before adding each new platform I will save the XML first and hope it could be swapped out if this happens again... rebuilding from scratch would be brutal. any other feedback or thoughts is welcome on the above issue!!

Try renaming a rom, import it so that it creates the Genesis section again and make sure that it is named the same thing as before. Let it import then restart LB see if that repopulates the section with the games. The alternative is to create a new platform on the left and Ctrl + F the old platform name then Find All and Replace with the new platform name.

Hi guys, let me clarify a few things. First off, deleting a platform does *not* delete any games, which is what is causing the confusion. I have plans to prompt to make this less confusing. What it does do, is basically remove the platform from any existing games with that platform, so that the games all have an empty platform. I'll be changing this very soon though. In the mean time, you can just delete the games themselves.