LaunchBox Community Forums

Xbox one controller priority issues with may flash dolphinbar

MazJohn [Mr Arcade]

Anyone here also using the mayflash dolphinbar? It seems to take port priority and causes terrible issues when using other emulators besides dolphin.... Windows keeps changing the assigned joystick ports to my 2 wireless controllers every time I restart the PC. I have spent countless hours trying to figure out a fix. If I configure my wireless controllers for an emulator , the ports change on reboot and the controllers stop working. Is there a fix or another application workaround other than disabling the dolphinbar each time I start a different emulator?

If you change the Dolphinbar setting to "1"... meaning that the first blue light is on the xbox controller should work fine... then change it back to 4 for Dolphin use. If you didn't notice it, there's a little button on the top of the Dolphinbar to change this. It took me a bit to figure this out so don't feel bad... the Mayflash instructions are less than clear.

I was having the same kind of issues, wanting to use Xbox controllers for PS1, N64 etc, but wii classic controllers for snes etc. On top of that, somehow the ids for my classic controllers are all messed up in windows, it was a nightmare. I did what Brad suggested and unplugged the thing. I'm going to try setting it to mode 1 as Drybonz suggests, and I'll report back, but I'm glad someone brought this up, as dolphinbar and 360 controllers do not place nice together.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.... Basically, I am switching the dolphin-bar to "mode one" whenever i need to use a different emulator other that Dolphin. I would like to invite us all to revisit this thread at a later time if better alternatives become available then discussed. Thank you Launch-box team for this Wonderful application and making this all possible.