LaunchBox Community Forums

Show screenshots instead of front cover

shatterhand

There isn't a way to do this for your entire library, but you can do it for a single game. Edit a game and in the bottom right corner where the images show up use the arrow button to go over to the screenshot you want to change. Above the image it should say Screenshot, click it and select Front Cover. I've done this a few times for games with no front cover but a few screenshots, something is better than nothing.

Hi shatterhand. You must first remove the existing Front image as you can have only one. You can delete it by clicking the little red X box, or keep it by re-assigning it as say another screenshot. This frees up the Front category, and you can then re-assign your screenshot as the new Front.

• 6 months later...
Bedwyr said Dumb idea but maybe a solution. Why not dump screenshots into your front images directory, replacing the box covers for the system and refresh the images?
You could technically do that, but Launchbox add's a -01 at the end of every snap downloaded. Next idea? ^^ I'd suggest looking for a complete pack of snaps really. Then dumping them into the Front folder so they are all named correctly and like you say, just refresh images. done.

You can easily get a program like http://file-folder-ren.sourceforge.net/ and remove the -01 and -02 if they exist. The ultimate solution to this is our tiered image system, because if you do this your LaunchBox install will now assume your screenshots are actually Box Art, and there isn't anything we could do to fix that. You'd have to move the Screenshots back to the screenshot folder then redownload front box art when you need to, but that's a pain. Really, all of this is, that's why I say the true solution is tiered images. There is a ticket on the BitBucket with decent votes and people keep requesting this functionality. I believe Jason wants to implement something like this after our big image restructuring, but I don't have a time frame.