LaunchBox Community Forums

loading cd based roms

kpop

Ive recently got the sega cd and turbografx cd collections, but they are all in the img file format which the emulators dont seem to recognize, is there a way to batch convert to bin or iso, or is there a another way around this?

I do believe you can mount the CD IMG in Daemon Tools and then use Image Burn to make either a bin and cue or ISO. But batch convert, I'm sure if you're clever you could probably pull it off. I personally have only written batch files to auto mount and auto un-mount ISOs when launching my Saturn and 3DO games. Also once I made one to keep track of game play time for a game, but it only kept track of the amount of time the game was open and kept a log of each start and end time.

ive used retroarch and fusion,but hey both dont recognize the img format,unless i convert them to iso/bin, so am wondering if batch tool is out there,as it would be a pain going through each game one by one as theres 100s.

Hmm, sorry I misread your original post. I don't know of a way to batch convert all the files. You might just be best off redownloading your games. Hopefully if there is a way to batch convert someone can help you out with it. Cue + Bin would be your best file format since that is what Retroarch seems to get along with best.

You're probably going to need something like this: http://www.poweriso.com/tutorials/convert-image-file-to-bin.htm As for running it as a batch job, you might have to look around at the various tools out there and see if any of them either has a batch function or lets you create a batchjob yourself (For instance a command-line tool). Got quite a few hits on google: https://www.google.no/search?q=convert+img+to+bin+cue