LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing PC games, minimizing duplicates (start menu + install folder)

JCSRT05

So, as I continue to dive into this fantastic front end, I'm trying to figure out a way to simplify the importing of PC games. Now clearly, the process is simple as it is so I should clarify...I'm realizing that when I do import, it finds duplicates and there appears to be no way to fix this until after I import which, I would then need to manually delete. An example is my Origin account which I have a handful of games on, specifically the C&C collection. When I go to import, I select: Tools --> Import --> Windows Games Click Next regarding all the image and meta downloads Do not check "Force import duplicate games" Then it parses and provides the results (attached). Most, but not all are going to show results from an installation folder as well as, the start menu. Is there a way to choose which one up front to reduce the manual process of deleting the duplicates. I suspect this is a similar problem with GOG as well...screenshot.png

The easiest way is to manually edit them from there in the wizard (your screen shot) once you finish the import editing them becomes more of a hassle especially when you are not sure which one is the one that you want to keep. Sorry if you are looking for something more automated than that but it is the best method that I know of.