LaunchBox Community Forums

Rom sorting and cataloging

TheMadMan007

After playing around with LaunchBox for about 5 minutes and then purchasing premium, I've been trying to import my games. I've got the newest No-Intro set (from about 5 days ago), but what bothers me is the fact that they have European,Japanese,Prototypes and other versions of games all thrown in there too. Is there a way you guys sort out these games with a program or something? I'm wanting to get a full US set, but I don't want to scroll through 900+ games to delete some random protoypes or something. Also is there a site that actually lists a number of released games for each region and each system? If I google How many US games for X system, Its pretty hard to get a simple number.

Wikipedia should tell you how many were released. There are some Euro exclusive games too, and depending on the console there can be a lot of them, so maybe don't delete all of them? Otherwise in windows open the folder of games and use the windows search function. For Japanese games (which I personally love and keep and find english translation patches for a lot depending on the console) type in "(J)" or "(Japanese)" or what ever it is labeled as it should filter out all of the games with that in its name. Then just Ctrl + A and delete them. Can do this for all of them, like "(Proto)". Keep the quotations as well, they're not for show. You don't watch the search to find a game with Proto in its name but it's not actually a prototype game so the quotations will only find names with what is between them.

"There are 713 licensed titles in the NES library in the US and PAL regions, and there are 113 Unlicensed games in the NES library. This makes a grand total of 826 titles in the NES library." https://www.bing.com/search?q=how+many+nes+games+were+released&qs=AS&pq=how+many+nes+games&sk=AS2&sc=8-18&sp=3&cvid=F2DF5B5167944499A63A7BADABC24C63&FORM=QBRE

I also can recommend to search for HyperSpin Ready Romsets. They normally include every released US game, every complete playable proto, all European exclusives and most of the fan-translated games + Japanese exclusives you can play without knowing japanese. And most important: No duplicates!